Vinnie injured?

On the money!
Vinnie's the best centre back on the planet. I've never seen anyone take the ball off Messi cleanly so many times in a game and then do the hard ball stuff with the bigger more physical players. At the start of the CL semi he gave the team belief. He went off and our belief evaporated. It's like when you play for your school or Sunday team and you come up against superior opposition, but at the back you have someone who will dominate the opposition's best strikers. You feel the confidence flow through the team as a result. Otamendi is a much better player with Vinnie directing him. Likewise, Stones' development would accelerate with Vinnie's know-how.

Ah alright then. Just a matter of time really

Mmmm not quite mate. The presser is booked, the chairs are sorted but there's a problem with a national shortage of Blue cones.

Additional rumours that Kola, Cleesh and Delph will stand-in to make-up for this shortage is obviously nothing more than cruel and unsubstantiated speculation about our beloved players.

Mmmm not quite mate. The presser is booked, the chairs are sorted but there's a problem with a national shortage of Blue cones.

Additional rumours that Kola, Cleesh and Delph will stand-in to make-up for this shortage is obviously nothing more than cruel and unsubstantiated speculation about our beloved players.
I have held my breath the whole day so I can't wait much longer though

Absolutely. We KNOW he will be very good in the Premier League.
Pisses me off that we didn't buy him from Celtic, we were definitely in for him but changed our minds for some bizarre reason, would have only cost us £15mil....

Nobody us jumping to conclusions. Nobody is trying to write him off. Nobody wants his career to finish. We all know when fully fit, that he's one one of the best CBs in the world. We also know that he's a legend. So please, just for a moment, fuck off with the sentimentality.

What is absolutely clear. What is absolutely conclusive is this.

His injury record over the last 2 years is utterly horrific. The man is made of glass. He has lasted 90 minutes once in that time. It is one injury after another after another...........

No man is bigger than the club. We have been beyond patient. We have stood by him.

But in the summer we need to go out and find another Vincent Kompany.
Not one of the best. He is THE best. Better than Ramos, Pique and Pepe. Considerably better than Terry and Rio at their best. Regardless of the two years, he deserves every chance to get the problem fixed - the problem is a knock-on issue (one thing leading to another). Not exactly old either (30).

Best captain we've ever had.

We should give him all the time and support he needs to get himself fit, and if he decides it's over then support him in whatever role he feels he could do at the club. Could be a hugely inspiring coach, youth team manager, club ambassador. He's a very intelligent guy so would be great in a public role if he wanted it.

Still hoping he'll get fit and back to form again. On his day he's the best central defender in Europe.
THE best in Europe, and therefore, THE best in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.