Vinnie injured?

Was saying to a mate tonight i will kill people should they re-imagine the past regarding Silva. He has always been up for it, even on a wet windy night match in stoke. The man always tracks a player and gets stuck in, he is very far from shy. In my opinion the best individual footballer who has ever worn our shirt. Yaya and his blitzkrieg style runs ending with a goal are worthy of the recognition they get but i feel Silva does not get nearly enough. The man is a legend in his own time as far as i am concerned along with Zabba, vinny makes it but with a sad ending.

Sorry for the off topic, just noticed my rambling. on.

I think Vinny is done tbh, i don't like the idea but that is my gut feeling. His body just can't handle that being a well set muscular fella aka heavy on the foot.
Yeah. Let's compare Silva to Hazard and Ozil. Hazard went missing all of last season. Ozil was invisible for his first year and is fading again. Silva has been at that top, top level from his debut - no seasons going missing like the other two. Like you say, gives his all always. Such a smooth, smooth player. And because he isn't overly quick he achieves everything via ultra sublime talent.

Not entirely convinced with van Dijk, especially if he is Vinny's replacement but if he is Pep's choice then fair enough.

Last edited:
Yeah. Let's compare Silva to Hazard and Ozil. Hazard went missing all of last season. Ozil was invisible for his first year and is fading again. Silva has been at that top, top level from his debut - no seasons going missing like the other two. Like you say, gives his all always. Such a smooth, smooth player. And because he isn't overly quick he achieves everything via ultra sublime talent.

I think it took Silva 3-4 games :)

Van Dijk is the one we should get, absolutely perfect for us.

Yes, I think so too. Not sure how quick he is, but he's certainly physically imposing and comfortable in possession. To be honest I wouldn't mind having someone big and mobile at the other end of the pitch as well. Not necessarily as a starter, but as a squad option for when we can't circumnavigate a parked bus. Arsenal have rescued games at the death 7 times this season and Giroud has scored 5 of them. I suspect it's a similar tale with the rags and Big Nose. Again, not advocating playing like they do, just having it as an option. Apart from the late own goal at home to Sunderland on the opening day, I think Jesus' goal against Swansea was the only time this season we've got out of jail

On his debut, I realised that with the exception of Kinkladze, I'd never seen a City player able to manipulate and control the ball and turn away from defenders so easily.

It was tongue in cheek, however if the evergreen wizard owned a pair of shooting boots (or found the ones he was wearing when sergio was injured and he played up front) the whole world would be in as much awe as us.

Stones ball playing ability is a myth from what we've seen at city. That's been the most disappointing part of his game. His aerial ability isn't great in either box. 3 good chances yesterday all headed way off target. 6' 4" should be the minimum requirement for Vinnys replacement (if indeed he isn't going to return to full fitness). Been fucking about for years buying centre halves who aren't up to it. Need to get the next one right.

WTF?! His passes are invariably perfectly weighted and always placed so the recipient doesn't have to break stride. He makes silly mistakes now and then, but he's one of the most 'comfortable in possession' defenders we've ever had!

It was tongue in cheek, however if the evergreen wizard owned a pair of shooting boots (or found the ones he was wearing when sergio was injured and he played up front) the whole world would be in as much awe as us.
I know you were talking TIC. For Spain he's scored around 30 in 100 games - their 5th highest scorer ever. Different role for City. For Spain he's had players setting up chances for him. For us he's the creator of chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.