Vinnie injured?

Yeah but 6' 2" is just normal size though isn't it.

My point is that defending ability and ability on the ball will be put ahead of just being tall.

I agree cometely it's about ability but I think we should have one cb who is a big powerful unit, be that 6ft 2 or 6ft 5 & is a defensive rock. Ideally it would be Vinny but if that's not to be, I think we need to find one. The others would all be better, if we had that, imo & the whole defence would improve.

I know you were talking TIC. For Spain he's scored around 30 in 100 games - their 5th highest scorer ever. Different role for City. For Spain he's had players setting up chances for him. For us he's the creator of chances.

I think we are derailing the thread. however, football purists of one i am not, but know enough to know he is everything a footballer needs to be

WTF?! His passes are invariably perfectly weighted and always placed so the recipient doesn't have to break stride. He makes silly mistakes now and then, but he's one of the most 'comfortable in possession' defenders we've ever had!

Can't agree with that. He regularly under/overhits passes imo, often when under little pressure. As well as some quite awful choices. I'm sure he can & will do better but Beckenbauer he aint & never will be.

WTF?! His passes are invariably perfectly weighted and always placed so the recipient doesn't have to break stride. He makes silly mistakes now and then, but he's one of the most 'comfortable in possession' defenders we've ever had!
I'm just not seeing that. There's a howler in him most games just like the otter. Often when there is no pressure on him either.

Can't agree with that. He regularly under/overhits passes imo, often when under little pressure. As well as some quite awful choices. I'm sure he can & will do better but Beckenbauer he aint & never will be.

We certainly watch the game with different spectacles on then. I don't think he regularly under/over hits passes in the slightest. The awful choices bit I wouldn't disagree with, but how much of that is a consequence of the high risk defensive game we play?

We certainly watch the game with different spectacles on then. I don't think he regularly under/over hits passes in the slightest. The awful choices bit I wouldn't disagree with, but how much of that is a consequence of the high risk defensive game we play?
Agree with this.
His passing is improving to a very high level for a defender and Pep's increased demonstrations of warmth to him speaks volumes.
Improving rapidly but will be challenged to continue to greater heights.

Not only under hits but plays it too short, too slow or behind the man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.