Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Liverpool really are planning to pay £80m for the lad at Leipzig and are balls deep for VVD - they must be selling Coutinho - or they have found some money down the back of the sofa - their finances are not the best witha new stadium (sorry) stand to pay for.

Aldridge a Liverpool employee openly said VVD should go on strike to force a move (but the FA and the press arent interested in reporting it). I've no doubt VVD will end up at Anfield - but hopefully Southampton will take the Dippers to the cleaners and get circa £75m out of them.
And watch the media hail it as a bargain lol

Aldridge a Liverpool employee openly said VVD should go on strike to force a move (but the FA and the press arent interested in reporting it). I've no doubt VVD will end up at Anfield - but hopefully Southampton will take the Dippers to the cleaners and get circa £75m out of them.
He isnt an employee.

Don't understand this. Why would he care if he goes to Liverpool or City? Two great clubs, both in the Champs League, both likely to be challenging for domestic honours. If anything you could argue that City is the more likely team if he's after winning things. So why make such a clear preference for Liverpool?
Supposedly he met Klopp and he decided that he particularly wanted to play for him. Klopp is a charismatic guy, it doesn't surprise me that he can persuade people that they really want to get on board. Pep has done the same to players for us.

City are convinced that Southampton won't sell Bertrand and I don't think they'll sell this lad either. He hasn't played since December, was good before that but hardly outstanding and has a long time left on his contract. Southampton's valuation of £60 million may well have been revised upwards so that it still means "not for sale" (especially to Liverpool). Southampton are trying to build a team and they don't need to sell (again especially to the strike advocates of Liverpool). What makes it easier this time is the length of his contract, the TV money and the facts that they only gave £15 million for him and a fee of anything like £60 million is totally unjustifiable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.