Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to bring Mbappe /Sanchez and VVD. After all, we all know that we need a CB and a Striker /Winger. Why wait for next year and spend the same money?Sign Mbappe /Sanchez and VVD means that we are going strong for all titles, including a real challenge for the Champions League. Spend the money now and build a perfect roster at all positions saying less money to spend next year. I do not understand what the problem is

How good is he? Genuine question. I remember people waxing lyrical about lovren and fonte both are pony. Is he good enough to step up?

© foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
bdbae95b33cdb88e20ba446777513975-49081-c7abb65f5694acb524d12b00bd957588.jpeg

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=media&id=147940
Through an official statement he's just been releasing, Dutch international centre-back Virgil Van Dijk (26) handed out Southampton a formal transfer request: “It is with regret that I can confirm that I have today handed in a transfer request to leave Southampton Football Club. Unfortunately I feel I have no alternative, after I was given notice of the Club's intention to impose a disciplinary sanction against me of a fine equivalent to 2 weeks wages. I will be appealing what I feel to be an unjustified sanction and their inability to follow the correct disciplinary protocol in due course.

Over the past six months I have held numerous discussions with representatives of the board, the former manager Claude Puel as well as the new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to inform them all of my desire to leave the club in search of a new challenge. I am incredibly ambitious, and want to achieve as much as I possibly can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer. I want to play European football again, and challenge for major honours and as such I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist”. Still on a deal with Saints until June 2022, former Celtic Glasgow player has been linked to Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Tottenham.

© foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
bdbae95b33cdb88e20ba446777513975-49081-c7abb65f5694acb524d12b00bd957588.jpeg

Through an official statement he's just been releasing, Dutch international centre-back Virgil Van Dijk (26) handed out Southampton a formal transfer request: “It is with regret that I can confirm that I have today handed in a transfer request to leave Southampton Football Club. Unfortunately I feel I have no alternative, after I was given notice of the Club's intention to impose a disciplinary sanction against me of a fine equivalent to 2 weeks wages. I will be appealing what I feel to be an unjustified sanction and their inability to follow the correct disciplinary protocol in due course.

Over the past six months I have held numerous discussions with representatives of the board, the former manager Claude Puel as well as the new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to inform them all of my desire to leave the club in search of a new challenge. I am incredibly ambitious, and want to achieve as much as I possibly can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer. I want to play European football again, and challenge for major honours and as such I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist”. Still on a deal with Saints until June 2022, former Celtic Glasgow player has been linked to Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Tottenham.
If he hadn't signed the new 6 year contract last year that would have been reasonable statements.

How good is he? Genuine question. I remember people waxing lyrical about lovren and fonte both are pony. Is he good enough to step up?

He has his flaws, especially concentration, just as all central defenders do these days, but he's a good footballer, big, fast, great in the air & usually pretty composed.

Better than anything we have currently or have had in the past few years, bar VK at his best imo. Stones showing signs early season of stepping up there but we'll have to see. But if Stones does step up, VVD would be a miles better partner than Otamendi.

No guarantee his arse won't go, at a bigger club, of course, but it would be something of a shock if that happened.

Don't see Pep being overly impressed with the way he's conducted himself if we was seriously interested. That statement to me just reads him throwing his toys out of the pram. Got a new bumper 6 year deal then months later wants to leave when he gets it into his head he's better than he probably is.

If he was that ambitious and desperate to play at the very top why the hell would he sign a 6 year deal with Southampton? No disrespect to them, they're a good team that have a very good scouting network and business model but it's going to be near impossible for them to ever establish themselves higher than the 7-10th spot they have found themselves in the last few years and i doubt they sold him a big grand idea that they would. they're a mini Monaco in terms of developing players, doing reasonably well and having a constant turnover of players and seem quite content with that. He signed that very long contract for the money which you can't blame him for but he now needs to be prepared to honour it for more than a few months. Hope Southampton make him stay for a while, they hold all the cards as he's tied to them for another 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.