Virgil van Dijk

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Chi-town blues, 27 Nov 2016.

1. Ali B's Heel

Ali B's Heel

Work out a deal where all 4 go! Although would like to see mangala get 1 last chance even as 4th choice CB. Nasri has contributed a lot in the past but could have been as special as merlin if he had the hunger

2. MCFC ISRAEL

MCFC ISRAEL

I think we have to bring Mbappe /Sanchez and VVD. After all, we all know that we need a CB and a Striker /Winger. Why wait for next year and spend the same money?Sign Mbappe /Sanchez and VVD means that we are going strong for all titles, including a real challenge for the Champions League. Spend the money now and build a perfect roster at all positions saying less money to spend next year. I do not understand what the problem is

3. Kinkys Left Foot

Kinkys Left Foot

so you keep saying.....
    Thats another 250 million.
    That is the problem!
    I don't think thats happening.

4. bondsman

bondsman

How good is he? Genuine question. I remember people waxing lyrical about lovren and fonte both are pony. Is he good enough to step up?

5. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

© foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
    [​IMG]

Through an official statement he's just been releasing, Dutch international centre-back Virgil Van Dijk (26) handed out Southampton a formal transfer request: “It is with regret that I can confirm that I have today handed in a transfer request to leave Southampton Football Club. Unfortunately I feel I have no alternative, after I was given notice of the Club's intention to impose a disciplinary sanction against me of a fine equivalent to 2 weeks wages. I will be appealing what I feel to be an unjustified sanction and their inability to follow the correct disciplinary protocol in due course.

Over the past six months I have held numerous discussions with representatives of the board, the former manager Claude Puel as well as the new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to inform them all of my desire to leave the club in search of a new challenge. I am incredibly ambitious, and want to achieve as much as I possibly can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer. I want to play European football again, and challenge for major honours and as such I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist”. Still on a deal with Saints until June 2022, former Celtic Glasgow player has been linked to Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Tottenham.

6. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Indeed!

7. Jazzman

Jazzman

If he hadn't signed the new 6 year contract last year that would have been reasonable statements.

8. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

Rumour Patrick Roberts on loan to Southampton...... could be part of a deal?

9. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

Exactly.

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

He has his flaws, especially concentration, just as all central defenders do these days, but he's a good footballer, big, fast, great in the air & usually pretty composed.

Better than anything we have currently or have had in the past few years, bar VK at his best imo. Stones showing signs early season of stepping up there but we'll have to see. But if Stones does step up, VVD would be a miles better partner than Otamendi.

No guarantee his arse won't go, at a bigger club, of course, but it would be something of a shock if that happened.