Virgil van Dijk

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Chi-town blues, 27 Nov 2016.

1. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

Don't see Pep being overly impressed with the way he's conducted himself if we was seriously interested. That statement to me just reads him throwing his toys out of the pram. Got a new bumper 6 year deal then months later wants to leave when he gets it into his head he's better than he probably is.

If he was that ambitious and desperate to play at the very top why the hell would he sign a 6 year deal with Southampton? No disrespect to them, they're a good team that have a very good scouting network and business model but it's going to be near impossible for them to ever establish themselves higher than the 7-10th spot they have found themselves in the last few years and i doubt they sold him a big grand idea that they would. they're a mini Monaco in terms of developing players, doing reasonably well and having a constant turnover of players and seem quite content with that. He signed that very long contract for the money which you can't blame him for but he now needs to be prepared to honour it for more than a few months. Hope Southampton make him stay for a while, they hold all the cards as he's tied to them for another 5 years

2. avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

Bit of an idiot for signing a new 6 year contract last year and now handing in a transfer request. I'd prefer if we stayed clear of this kind of player.

3. ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

Good player but a dickhead

Like most players really

4. nijinsky69

nijinsky69

A bit harsh. He's probably been poorly advised, nothing more than that. I'd be amazed if we weren't seriously in for him. Unfortunately we can't rely on VK staying fit which is obvious weakness for us.

5. raghavk

raghavk

Is that a rich way of saying "didn't want him anyways" ?

6. ancoats

ancoats

don't under him or his with this and anybody with any sense would not sign a new deal with southampton not so long ago without any get outs clause written into the deal and the dirty world of football when liverpool and klopp new the rules and should have never went public about another team player both daft . now its a panic liverpool can not really push to sign him with the EPL on the side of southampton and other teams and managers are not daft knowing what went on they could see a loop hole and the player wanting out they now could get a good deal or southampton get a player that does not want to play for them and sitting out the season

7. GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

As a manager, has Pep ever been back ìn for a player that's turned him down once befòŕe? Can't think of anyone

8. avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

You smell

9. Dobsy

Dobsy

I like this way of operating. It means that when people get an offer from us they know that it's a one time thing.

10. GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

Me too. As far as I'm concerned Van Dijk's had his chance & blown it