Virgil van Dijk

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Chi-town blues, 27 Nov 2016.

1. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41485069
    Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk has hinted he would still like to leave the Premier League club when the transfer window reopens in January.
    "Halfway through the season, maybe we can see what's possible," he said.

2. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

Presumably he added that he would only consider Liverpool and wouldn't play for anyone else in the whole world?

3. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

I guess he did. And then laughed for a minute in a very specific way:

4. sir baconface

sir baconface

GPC, FOC and bar
    "Ich bin Bratwurst."

5. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

Really hoping that the money we saved on not signing Sanchez in the Summer can go towards a centre half such as VVD.

With Kompany injured again this must be our main focus in January particularly as Delph is doing well at left back and Sterling able to play as a striker.

6. GunnerGer

GunnerGer

He would be mad to hold out for Liverpool if City were interested in him. The way things are going, he should be dragging himself over broken glass to sign for City.

7. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    only this.

8. nmc

nmc

He’s been a bit of a twat and isolated himself at Soton - looks to be in a right sulk. Liverpool might be back for him in January but he no longer has the incentive of rehabilitating himself before the World Cup - given the Netherlands have crashed out - so he may well fuck about sulking until next Summer. Of course Klopp may be under pressure next summer if he doesn’t make top 4 so I think this one may have a few column inches in it before it’s resolved. Not aware of any concrete interest from us.

9. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

We're one injury away from disaster in 3 positions - CB, LB and DM (considering Yaya's form), left back seems to be the most pressing concern. Add our pursuit of Sanchez, and new CB in Jan becomes highly unlikely.

10. Dribble

Dribble

I agree with this mostly, but if Arsenal are willing to sell in January, do you really think we'll take a chance waiting for Sanchez until the summer where there's likely to be a free-for-all for his signature?

After Alves being 'nailed on because of his relationship with Pep' would waiting until summer to get Sanchez for free be worth the risk?