Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very hard pass from me. Nico’s quality is finally being revealed to all and he’s only 3 years younger than VVD and still under 30. If VVD was 23-25 I’d be all in.

I’d much prefer we go the younger route and keep building what looks to be a potentially special pairing with Stones + Nico.

Let’s also not forget how much value having a year under Pep has...and Nico would have a second as well.

Pep, Tixcki, Ferriano have always stated that a manager should be 3 years and that's it. We may get a 4th out of him, but I think that will be it. Those three have strong views on this subject and it has been stated many times. We will either be gutted or delighted. At the moment, gutted, but who knows?

Van Dijk on the left and Stones on the right is sexy. For the reported £60m, I doubt this pushes through in January though. Despite what people are saying, even we have a limit in our budget.

I don't rate him that highly, I think the setup at Southampton is a big help. Lovren amd Fonte have left Southampton as highly rated centre backs and look what's happened outside that comfort zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.