Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 5m5 minutes ago
City have made a centre-back their No.1 priority in January. Van Dijk and Inigo Martinez are the top two options. I believe Van Dijk is preferred, but Liverpool also want him.

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 3m3 minutes ago
Guardiola’s convinced Txiki/Soriano to make funds available. City see VVD as somebody who can come in straight away and play big games, more so than Iñigo Martinez (which is partly why IM was a back-up option to Evans in the summer).

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 5m5 minutes ago
City have made a centre-back their No.1 priority in January. Van Dijk and Inigo Martinez are the top two options. I believe Van Dijk is preferred, but Liverpool also want him.

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 3m3 minutes ago
Guardiola’s convinced Txiki/Soriano to make funds available. City see VVD as somebody who can come in straight away and play big games, more so than Iñigo Martinez (which is partly why IM was a back-up option to Evans in the summer).

GET
THE
FUCK
IN
THERE

Are we willing to pay 70m that’s what they will want

i would imagine with the season we are having then txiki will be giving pep what he needs. VVD is also free to play champions league and would be better suited to slotting straight in as a premier league defender.

Manager has lost the dressing room already. Hoedt, who I thought had a really good game against us, is in revolt there. Wouldn't hold it against van Dijk, who also had a very good game against us, even when he moved into midfield for a while.
Southampton were bonkers to get rid of Puel. He's a manager with great Champions League experience who led them to an 8th place finish in his first season.

I mean, what else did Southampton expect, the league title, or a top 4 finish minimum?

Regardless of which CB we go for, we've just got to trust Pep's judgement.

i would imagine with the season we are having then txiki will be giving pep what he needs. VVD is also free to play champions league and would be better suited to slotting straight in as a premier league defender.

Yeah and it’s the only place we are weak in and seeing we were willing to pay 60m for Sanchez we have some money put away

Why_Didn%27t_They_Ask_Evans_First_Edition_Cover_1934.jpg

It shouldn't take too much to convince a player to join us, considering the position we're in. Really hope we'll go for VVD. Not convincing in Southampton this season but sure he'll flourish with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.