Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Van Dijk would have the additional benefit that Liverpool is not getting him. With Naby Keita and VVD Liverpool would improve considerably and probably turn into our strongest competitors next season. It is worth something to prevent that.

Getting Van Dijk would have the additional benefit that Liverpool is not getting him. With Naby Keita and VVD Liverpool would improve considerably and probably turn into our strongest competitors next season. It is worth something to prevent that.
Would they improve considerably though? Their problems are collective, Klippety can't coach a defence for shit.

Virgil van Dijk is a no brainer buy

Apart from the obvious that he has height AND pace, he is made for a Pep team. His ball control and dribbles are extremely good, his long diagonals are better than those of our current CBs. His one two and triangle passes wont go out of place in City. He is calm and confident when carrying the ball from his own box to right up to the opposition’s box. His defensive skills need some work but I find this season his head has been turned.

Like Stones, van Dijk needs a coach that makes him plays to his strength. His biggest flaw to me the past few seasons has always been him getting caught out of position after either joining the attack, or doubling up on aan opposition player. With us he won’t likely face these issues as we would be benefiting most from his diagonals and through balls to keep the midfield dynamic

I'd have him in a heartbeat. Think he'd be perfect for us. Not sure we'd be willing to pay what Southampton want though, so suspect Martinez might be more likely.

Nope. City consider VVD incredibly overpriced once the bidding went past £45m.

Evans also remains on the radar.

Same goes for Can. Txiki likes him as a player but we were never at the table and no approach has been made, regardless of what the Italian media has stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.