Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither.... but then again I didn't want Stones or Sterling at those prices so my opinion is shit.

That's why I don't understand why the fan would care about money paid, there is so much money in football and at City even above average, that what's important is to get a right player, even if you overpay him by 20 million. That's why clubs almost don't care and are regularly overpaying. Smaller ones will be fine getting money from PL, the bigger ones from CL, big sponsorships etc..

The only way the transfer is fuckup these days is if the player isn't right one and then to have many of these. That can cause problems to clubs. Out of that, fans should really not give a flying one about the money paid. Specially now, with Pep in charge. If he'd overpay each player for 30m, we'll still come good.

two word - Jonathan Tah,
and try to sign Aymeric Laporte again in the summer (for Kompany replacement).
imagine City playing with 3 giant ball playing CB at the back - Tah, Stones & Laporte.
while marauding fullback - Walker and Mendy on both sides.

Liverpool can sign overprice Van Dijk for all i care. 70M is crazy money for PL proven CB .
he never play in UCL, playing for mid table team (no offense) and under perform Netherland which failed to qualify for WC Russia.

I know we saw prices of £70m spoken about but no way any club pays that for a CB let’s be honest. You can get quality attacking players for that price.

Given our position let’s bid up to a max of £50m. VVD should be pushing for a move to us let’s be honest. Left out of the Chelsea game, he is probably pushing for a move. It’s hard to give your best when you don’t want to be at the club, see Alexis. We are much more attractive than Liverpool, Coutinho looks like leaving and if Salah continues his form Real will make him a Galatico (Zidane already commented that he really likes Salah).

Pep saying that we want to buy the right player for the future and not just short term rules out JFE. Also makes me think we won’t go for Martinez who looks like a short term fix that might or might not settle in a new league in the most difficult period of the season. Makes me think Pep will try for VVD but won’t pay over the odds, £50m would be reasonable for all parties.

I know we saw prices of £70m spoken about but no way any club pays that for a CB let’s be honest. You can get quality attacking players for that price.
Nog sure I agree. How many top quality CBs who can meet Pep's requirements on the ball are there knocking about at the moment? Historically attacking players have always been more expensive but there are a lot more top class attackers around than defenders just at the moment. We've already paid 50+ for a full back and we paid more or less 50 for Stones a year before the prices went totally bonkers last summer. Looking at how much Stones has improved and how much the market has inflated since we bought him, I reckon he's worth 70m in the current market.

two word - Jonathan Tah,
imagine City playing with 3 giant ball playing CB at the back - Tah, Stones & Laporte.

Liverpool can sign overprice Van Dijk for all i care. 70M is crazy money for PL proven CB .
he never play in UCL, playing for mid table team (no offense) and under perform Netherland which failed to qualify for WC Russia.
I’m with you on this one. I personally don’t rate vvd I just don’t see it with him

Nog sure I agree. How many top quality CBs who can meet Pep's requirements on the ball are there knocking about at the moment? Historically attacking players have always been more expensive but there are a lot more top class attackers around than defenders just at the moment. We've already paid 50+ for a full back and we paid more or less 50 for Stones a year before the prices went totally bonkers last summer. Looking at how much Stones has improved and how much the market has inflated since we bought him, I reckon he's worth 70m in the current market.

Stones is but no club would pay anything close to that even if we put him on the market. Many young CBs with potential met Pep’s demands. He can mold them. Better to buy 3 young CBs than VVD for 70m with the pressure of the world on his shoulders.

50m for Stones who has potential to be the best in world. 50m for Walker best RB in the league and one of the best in the world. 50m for Mendy who has a cross on him that is arguably one of the best in the world and he is an LB and very young like Stones. Plus we were desperate for those positions so the prices went up.

VVD is 26 and hasn’t even played in the CL bar a season or two with Celtic. He also had a major injury and isn’t in the best form. He is not worth 70m and even a desperate Liverpool would not pay that, as there are many other defenders they can buy for half the price.

Would Bayern, PSG, Real and Barca would never pay that for a CB and neither would we. 70m is saying we don’t want to sell. Now VVD is pushing for a move most likely and the price will drop.

Stones is but no club would pay anything close to that even if we put him on the market. Many young CBs with potential met Pep’s demands. He can mold them. Better to buy 3 young CBs than VVD for 70m with the pressure of the world on his shoulders.

50m for Stones who has potential to be the best in world. 50m for Walker best RB in the league and one of the best in the world. 50m for Mendy who has a cross on him that is arguably one of the best in the world and he is an LB and very young like Stones. Plus we were desperate for those positions so the prices went up.

VVD is 26 and hasn’t even played in the CL bar a season or two with Celtic. He also had a major injury and isn’t in the best form. He is not worth 70m and even a desperate Liverpool would not pay that, as there are many other defenders they can buy for half the price.

Would Bayern, PSG, Real and Barca would never pay that for a CB and neither would we. 70m is saying we don’t want to sell. Now VVD is pushing for a move most likely and the price will drop.
I'm not necessarily saying VVD is the right player or that anyone will or should pay 70m for him. Just that looking at the market, I reckon a top class CB will probably go for 70m because there just aren't that many around. If we were to buy a genuinely great CB now it would make a much bigger difference to our squad than buying another great attacker imo. And finding a great CB would be much trickier than finding a great attacker. It's odd in those circumstances that people still think defenders should cost a lot less. Only my opinion though.

two word - Jonathan Tah,

Apart from when he played in it for Celtic, you mean?

two word - Jonathan Tah,

This. I really wanted tah last summer, as well as laporte. I'll be happy with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.