Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely wouldn't rule out somehing approaching Stone's fee given his talent,his age and the fact Saints hold all the cards in terms of his contract.

So even though we can afford it.......Much like Vertonghen,Alderweild,and even Cahill.....its a shame much of the BM faithful weren't consulted when all were previously sold.
Exactly.

Made a point of watching him in the Southampton game last weekend and he looked really good. Don't know if that was typical for him really but looked miles better than our current CBs.

I mentioned on the Stones thread he is the closest in style & composure i have seen to Komps since Komps became one of the best defenders in world football about 5 years ago. I would love him at City.
Gonna cost a Kings ransom but if he replaces vinny (which we need to do because of his ongoing injury problems) it will be worth it. We overpaid for Mangala, Nico & Stones & as yet none of them have consistently impressed.
My only doubt would be his lack of European experience & Stones needs a seasoned pro to help him develop, playing Stones & Van dijk together could damage their development/confidence if mistakes happen.
Worth the gamble though for me, sign him up! :)

Other than a brief mention in the Mirror the other day, have we actually officially been linked with Van Dijk? I'm a massive fan but it seems this is more hope than any form of solid info.

I definitely wouldn't rule out somehing approaching Stone's fee given his talent,his age and the fact Saints hold all the cards in terms of his contract.
Stones' fee was inflated due to the fact they'd already turned down nearly £40m from Chelsea and since he's English. I don't think Virgil's fee would approach his but it probably wouldn't be significantly lower. I would suspect £35-40m is probably the ceiling for VvD.

Made a point of watching him in the Southampton game last weekend and he looked really good. Don't know if that was typical for him really but looked miles better than our current CBs.
Yeah that's normal for him, he's excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.