Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ...Laporte's new release clause is less than that.
Yeah hopefully just hyperbole from them.

I'd have no qualms us paying it though. We'd have a centre back pit for 7/8 years then sorted.

Then we'd just need 3 FBs and a centre mid to help out Dinho.

Van Dijk is the Dutch version of Stones. So when City have the ball there will be even more decent build up from defence. He is also good in the air en he has a great long ball.

But....he will slip up al least once every game. Like Stones.

I think in Guardiola's mind his footballing qualities are more important than his concentration loss he sometimes have.

Van Dijk is the Dutch version of Stones. So when City have the ball there will be even more decent build up from defence. He is also good in the air en he has a great long ball.

But....he will slip up al least once every game. Like Stones.

I think in Guardiola's mind his footballing qualities are more important than his concentration loss he sometimes have.

If his distribution and all round game leads to us being stronger and scoring more goals,
i think we can afford him the odd slip.

Does make me smile when people say a player is susceptible to the odd mistake.

If I recall, even Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore made the odd mistake as well.

And although you may find it hard to believe, even the mighty Wio

I posted about Virgil after last seasons game at the Academy when he marshalled the game excellently and nearly broke the bar with a pile driver.

The lad has it in bundles and for an absolute giant of a man, he has such composure, control and time with the ball at his feet.

Ridiculous after the money we have spent on defenders that we even need him but we do.

Ridiculous after the money we have spent on defenders that we even need him but we do.

We need to take a punt on these defenders before costing a bomb.

It seemed clear that virgil and that spurs defender (that i cant spell, think his first name is toby) were class before they went to other clubs. We need to gauge other premier league clubs interest in players, gazump them by two mil and then send them there on a two year loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.