Virgil van Dijk

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Chi-town blues, 27 Nov 2016.

1. BlueDeadHead

BlueDeadHead

We have never bought a CB of Laporte's quality or future potential though. Not Ottamendi, Nastastic, Mangala, Savic etc.....Love VVD but there isn't a better CB on the planet better suited for this team than Laporte.

2. IWasHere

IWasHere

Yeah I agree. I must've posted that post a while ago haha.

Van dijk's a beast, and so is Laporte

3. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Both. One thing is a consequence of another. Think they'll move for Auba, Griezmann or Mbappe.

Why would he leave the most prestigious club in his native country? Playing time? Modric isn't getting younger, Isco will become first choice soon enough. My gut feeling is that he's just fishing for a good contract.

4. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

My thoughts exactly. Ticks all possible boxes.

5. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    I fucking HATE agreeing with BlueDeadHead.

6. IWasHere

IWasHere

I'll put my money on kovacic being the player to replace modric. I'll be surprised if isco stays this season.

7. BlueMedic

BlueMedic

Have you honestly watched him enough to claim that? If so I'll have to just take your word on it as I can't comment, I've hardly watched the guy play a full 90 minutes. Van Dijk on the other hand I've seen plenty and am impressed the vast majority of the time. Think he ticks a lot of boxes for us.

8. birchwoodgingerste

birchwoodgingerste

surveyor
    I'd take both if we can get and ship ottamendi out

9. BlueDeadHead

BlueDeadHead

I don't claim to watch every game but whenever Bilbao play in Europe or when they have a big game in Spain I try to watch. I started paying attention to Laporte about 4 years ago. If Pep had to create a CB from scratch this is what he would look like. His passing is sublime. He will leave Bilbao this summer IMO...either us or Barca.

10. BlueMedic

BlueMedic

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it & be happy with either! Either will cost us plenty.