Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with this, obviously Bonucci would be my first choice but if he's off the table then Van Dijk would be a very good signing.

My thoughts too.

I would love Bonucci, but in reality we would be chasing a dream.

Is Van Dijk actually THAT good? Admittedly I haven't seen a great deal of him

Will he be an improvement on what we have playing in our system?

I'm happy with this, obviously Bonucci would be my first choice but if he's off the table then Van Dijk would be a very good signing.

Personally Rather have Dijk he knows the premier Bonucci coming from Italy and at 30 be a big gamble.

Add Stones in and we could have a great looking back three and wing-backs in some games.

As a back 5 it would look a right unit, but with great technique to boot as well.
But would it work playing a right footer as left centre back in a 3? They spend a lot of time out wide, particularly in the build up. We'd have to play Kolarov there. Or see if Mendy could do it... But then we'd have to play Kolarov as left wing back. Playing someone like Sané there would see him be too deep too often.

Is Van Dijk actually THAT good? Admittedly I haven't seen a great deal of him

Will he be an improvement on what we have playing in our system?

The last two times Southampton have played at the etihad, I've thought van dijk was the best player on the pitch. Swatted aguero away like he wasn't there. I've been hoping that we would sign him for over a year now. Him and alderweild are the best centre backs in the league alongside Kompany when ever he's fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.