Virgin Care

Chastity belt does the job mate. Unless you didn't mean it that way, in which case go slow and gently or pick a woman who's into gymnastics or equestrian activities.

Is this the NHS that we are told isn't being privatised and isn't going to be privatised - Jeremy Hunt is on record earlier this year that he was against privatisation of NHS frontline services - then again he's such a lying two faced **** he would tell us this is a rag forum and expect us to believe and trust him

Why do you fear privatisation?

The NHS is entirely funded by the generosity of the private sector workforce, demonstrating that people in the private sector are generous, altruistic and caring.

Are you one of those people who has the bizarre idea that the UK population is split into two sections - a special breed of wonderful people who sell their labour to the state, and everyone else?

Nearly all the NHS care I have ever had has been from a private contractor to the service - my GP, my dentist and my optician, and the service has been entirely satisfactory.

The worst NHS service I've ever had has been from bungling and inefficient hospital staff, presumably employed directly by the NHS.

No mate - what I absolutely object to is the fact that our taxes pay for the NHS and by privatising sections of the NHS what happens is the purchaser wants to make a profit. Then they want to increase this profit . They do this by cutting costs - I object to the hardworking people in the NHS being exploited by contract changes and reductions in benefits like pensions provision etc because all those "savings" go into shareholders pockets. This is the likely route because in most businesses the biggest expense is staff and the NHS has lots of them.
Also there is little incentive to invest in newer technology unless that new technology saves money - an awful lot of research has been done and will be done in a nationalised NHS that has produced new equipment or new techniques and processes. This can be then shared F,O.C. around the NHS. A private owner has no incentive to encourage that innovation at their cost..... unless of course they intend to SELL it at a cost to other users.
Finally the history of privatised practise in the UK is that when it fails or fucks up it drops its problems on the NHS. Not sure whats gonna happen if the backstop is removed - oh yeah I do - pain and death to those unfortunates that suffer the mistakes.

You've said a number of times that you have had poor experiences with the NHS which clearly clouds your opinion. Ultimately the weight of opinion in the UK electorate is against the privatisation in the NHS so I suspect most users are happy and have had a better exprience than you have mate. I know me and my family have - I wouldn't be here now without prompt NHS action so I am very grateful

I object to the hardworking people in the NHS being exploited by contract changes and reductions in benefits like pensions

I object to millions of hardworking people in the private sector paying for superb pensions and other in work benefits for NHS staff when they don't get them in their own jobs or their own self-employment.

NHS staff should be given average in work benefits for the UK workforce as a whole.

While they continue to insist they are treated very generously by the hardworking people who pay their wages then more privatisation is an inevitability.

The government has a responsibility to get NHS work done at the best price possible so that hardworking people get the best value for their tax cash.

I object to millions of hardworking people in the private sector paying for superb pensions and other in work benefits for NHS staff when they don't get them in their own jobs or their own self-employment.

NHS staff should be given average in work benefits for the UK workforce as a whole.

While they continue to insist they are treated very generously by the hardworking people who pay their wages then more privatisation is an inevitability.

The government has a responsibility to get NHS work done at the best price possible so that hardworking people get the best value for their tax cash.

Always the race to the bottom eh? I have little sympathy for those in the private sector who have little benefits - why don't they ask their employers for better T&C's? Why not work somewhere that offers better T&C's thus boycotting the stingy bastards ?

I say that as someone who has NEVER worked in the public sector and has always chosen to work where the T&C's were what I considered to be adequate recompense for my labour. My current employer continues to offer a DB pension scheme so retains my services for example - why in the 3rs biggest economy in the world the goverment has had to legislate to force employers to provide workplace pensions is beyond me - employers that moan about "big government" but aren't prepared to shoulder some of the responsibility for provision themselves. Still thats exploitative capitalism for ya

Always the race to the bottom eh? I have little sympathy for those in the private sector who have little benefits - why don't they ask their employers for better T&C's? Why not work somewhere that offers better T&C's thus boycotting the stingy bastards ?

I say that as someone who has NEVER worked in the public sector and has always chosen to work where the T&C's were what I considered to be adequate recompense for my labour. My current employer continues to offer a DB pension scheme so retains my services for example - why in the 3rs biggest economy in the world the goverment has had to legislate to force employers to provide workplace pensions is beyond me - employers that moan about "big government" but aren't prepared to shoulder some of the responsibility for provision themselves. Still thats exploitative capitalism for ya

Your employment details are an anecdote.

On the whole the hardworking employees in the private sector and self employment are not able to get the superb in work benefits available to NHS employees. Hard economic facts see to that.

And it is these hardworking people who kindly provide every single penny of NHS funding.

It is the duty of a responsible government to ensure that hardworking taxpayers get good value for their money and that public sector workers get roughly the same benefits as everyone else in the workforce.

It will do NHS staff no good at all to selfishly insist that they continue to enjoy fantastic benefits paid for by millions who do not enjoy them.

That will lead to more privatisation of NHS services.

This is an inevitability. Both main parties are keen on it, and Labour started it when they were in power.

Why do you fear privatisation?

The NHS is entirely funded by the generosity of the private sector workforce, demonstrating that people in the private sector are generous, altruistic and caring.

Are you one of those people who has the bizarre idea that the UK population is split into two sections - a special breed of wonderful people who sell their labour to the state, and everyone else?

Nearly all the NHS care I have ever had has been from a private contractor to the service - my GP, my dentist and my optician, and the service has been entirely satisfactory.

The worst NHS service I've ever had has been from bungling and inefficient hospital staff, presumably employed directly by the NHS.

Ever heard of Harold Shipman?

Your employment details are an anecdote.

On the whole the hardworking employees in the private sector and self employment are not able to get the superb in work benefits available to NHS employees. Hard economic facts see to that.

And it is these hardworking people who kindly provide every single penny of NHS funding.

It is the duty of a responsible government to ensure that hardworking taxpayers get good value for their money and that public sector workers get roughly the same benefits as everyone else in the workforce.

It will do NHS staff no good at all to selfishly insist that they continue to enjoy fantastic benefits paid for by millions who do not enjoy them.

That will lead to more privatisation of NHS services.

This is an inevitability. Both main parties are keen on it, and Labour started it when they were in power.

Why not? There are lots of us here in the private sector who get benefits as good if not better than those enjoyed in the public sector. That used to be more or less the norm. What happened there I wonder?

Over the years when I have heard people moan on vox pops on the radio and TV how they work hard and don't get benefits off their employers I have had little sympathy - in fact I consider them rather pathetic. If they are prepared to prostitute their talents for the lowest return then more fool them I say. its within the individual to demand reward that befits their value or go somewhere that places the same value upon them that they do. That may mean going to somewhere that has union representation or a strong staff association - that sort of collective support often does the trick and loosens employers purse strings.

I don't see any public sector workers - NHS, doctors, nurses, firefighters etc - as being selfish in having and wanting to protect and retain their benefits. They took jobs advertised with them and have worked hard to get them. Probably the previous workers went through a lot to secure them too. As I say I deplore the race to the bottom. In the 3rd biggest economy in a wealthy country everbody should share in the benefits it provides not just the lucky few however some people are too timid to demand what is theirs and if they don't then its their fault entirely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.