Virgin train City Discount

You have to buy a discount card. The Virgin Trains 20% discount is free to all season card holder's
Whethere you choose to use it or not is entirely up to the season card holder
No you don't just went on line put on my season card number and booked 2 returns to Edinburgh with 20% discount. Also being the cynical twat that i am i looked at the prices without clicking on the supporters link first and it was dearer.

has anyone got this to work, I’ve followed the links and it comes out the same price as Virgin site and Trainline, is it just a con?

Yes, I use it all the time. Don’t book anything through trainline, as I’m sure they inflate the prices. Check out the price on the Virgin trains website (advanced tickets only), then log in to the City site, follow the Virgin link, enter your supporter number and the train ticket prices will appear with 20% off. You need to take your season card with you when you travel as it acts like a young person’s railcard

I use it quite a lot, but it depends how quick you are booking, if you're looking to do it for the EFL final, then its unlikely to be working now, as tickets are limited.

As an example I wanted to use it for the Chelsea home game, but had to get a shift change organised first, that was done within 6 hours of the change being notified, when I looked at doing it in the afternoon, there were plenty of discounts, but by the time I did the booking they had all gone.

I was in the same boat with only £43 off peak tickets left, so I booked myself onto a train to dipperland with my season card instead. Fiver then to get back across to Manchester if you book in advance

I was in the same boat with only £43 off peak tickets left, so I booked myself onto a train to dipperland with my season card instead. Fiver then to get back across to Manchester if you book in advance

My son regularly does Manchester Liverpool from Victoria and gets fares as cheap as £3 with a rail card. Half an hour non stop. Fantastic price and service. Virgin train fares to London are ridiculous. Hope they do a £10 sale again soon.

It works if you use the link on Page one and enter your season card number.

It does say you need to have your season card with you but I have never been asked for mine.

I booked my EFL final tickets before we were through - £23 each way then discounted 20% = £36.80 return.

Yes, I use it all the time. Don’t book anything through trainline, as I’m sure they inflate the prices. Check out the price on the Virgin trains website (advanced tickets only), then log in to the City site, follow the Virgin link, enter your supporter number and the train ticket prices will appear with 20% off. You need to take your season card with you when you travel as it acts like a young person’s railcard
Hasn’t worked for Wembley unfortunately

You only get the discount on advances and only on Virgin services - book with a connection and you'll not get a discount. Eg. Levenshulme to London = No Discounted Fares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.