Virgin trains

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by didsburyblu, 31 Aug 2016.

1. didsburyblu

didsburyblu

25% off deal for city fans expired today. Messaged the club to see if its being extended and no response. Anybody heard anything?

2. Thisishowitfeels

Thisishowitfeels

I tweeted City and Virgin Trains about this a few weeks ago as I wanted to book travel for October - they replied saying they were "currently in discussions" and to "watch this space". Nothing's happened since!

3. didsburyblu

didsburyblu

Yeah its disappointing. All well and good reducing the away ticket price to £30 but if paying increased rail fares to London games then not really seeing any difference to last years costs for some of those games

4. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    For Saturday games you can get a £40 return and tube if you book in advance. They only do it on the trains with lower bookings, but it's easy enough for any Saturday 3pm or even 5.30pm. You have to check on National Rail Enquiries I believe, a few weeks beforehand.

5. kippaxed54

kippaxed54

Still checking that we've got 40 points
    Yes, I spotted this and contacted both City and Virgin a few weeks ago. City have confirmed to me that it is being renewed, still waiting for Virgin to reply...

6. simon1967

simon1967

I had this reply from the City in the City team on Friday...hope it's soon...

Thanks for your enquiry. We are finalising this with Virgin Trains and will have details very soon

7. Vic

Vic

Sounds like when they stopped Megatrain fares from Liverpool and Runcorn to London (from £1 each way). Virgin and Stagecoach each said it was down to the other.

8. berryblue

berryblue

Travelling the UK & Europe in a Man City shirt
    Virgin's Manchester to Euston fares have double in two years. Now £44 return minimum if you book months in advance. They've priced me out for most trips!!!

9. davealvers

davealvers

Not sure if posted elsewhere but great news for those who use this promotion:

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/mancity

10. CTID1988

CTID1988

If things get desperate just take the Megabus, i did it last season. £6 return. Its a hell of a slog (4 and half hours each way) but saves a small fortune and you can just sleep on the way back