Virgin trains

25% off deal for city fans expired today. Messaged the club to see if its being extended and no response. Anybody heard anything?
I tweeted City and Virgin Trains about this a few weeks ago as I wanted to book travel for October - they replied saying they were "currently in discussions" and to "watch this space". Nothing's happened since!

Yeah its disappointing. All well and good reducing the away ticket price to £30 but if paying increased rail fares to London games then not really seeing any difference to last years costs for some of those games

Yeah its disappointing. All well and good reducing the away ticket price to £30 but if paying increased rail fares to London games then not really seeing any difference to last years costs for some of those games
For Saturday games you can get a £40 return and tube if you book in advance. They only do it on the trains with lower bookings, but it's easy enough for any Saturday 3pm or even 5.30pm. You have to check on National Rail Enquiries I believe, a few weeks beforehand.

25% off deal for city fans expired today. Messaged the club to see if its being extended and no response. Anybody heard anything?
Yes, I spotted this and contacted both City and Virgin a few weeks ago. City have confirmed to me that it is being renewed, still waiting for Virgin to reply...

I had this reply from the City in the City team on Friday...hope it's soon...

Thanks for your enquiry. We are finalising this with Virgin Trains and will have details very soon

Sounds like when they stopped Megatrain fares from Liverpool and Runcorn to London (from £1 each way). Virgin and Stagecoach each said it was down to the other.

Virgin's Manchester to Euston fares have double in two years. Now £44 return minimum if you book months in advance. They've priced me out for most trips!!!

Not sure if posted elsewhere but great news for those who use this promotion:

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/mancity

• Customers must be a MCFC Cityzen member to receive 20% off Advance fares during Off-Peak times, only available online via this page
  • Discount available for journeys on the Virgin Trains (West Coast only) network –view network map
  • Book between 9 September 2016 and 30 August 2017, for journeys between 10 September 2016 and 31 August 2017

If things get desperate just take the Megabus, i did it last season. £6 return. Its a hell of a slog (4 and half hours each way) but saves a small fortune and you can just sleep on the way back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.