VizTables: visually shows distance between teams in leagues

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by the--dud, 11 Jan 2018 at 9:06 AM.

1. the--dud

the--dud

I made a website, I liek it so so much: http://viztable.futbol/

Right now it's particularly pleasing as MCFC fans to see the huge gap between us and the rest of the league! :D

I don't mean to selflessly promote (I make no money on this site), I just hope some of you might find it useful or interesting!

It was inspired by something called "Cann Tables". My site is similar to this one though I think much cleaner and better looking.

You can swap out leagues (your choice is stored automatically). You can also see detailed stats if you mouse over a team.

PS: There's also 15 other leagues apart from the EPL.

2. crazyg

crazyg

Retired
    Interesting analysis, thanks for the info.

Looking at the table, Stoke are 3rd bottom on 20 points with a goal difference of -24. Mathematically, they can get to 68 points if they win all their matches, so we need 7 points to be certain of staying up! Realistically, we have a goal difference over them of +75, so we only need 6 points. Win at Stoke, and we are safe!!
    (Can't you tell I've been watching City for over 50 years - old habits die hard)

3. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    I was hoping this thread would have a pic of Terry Fuckwitt signing for the rags.

Fair play for the effort op

4. the--dud

the--dud

Thanks :D Yeah it's always important to check if we're safe from relegation... Old habits indeed!

Haha thanks!

5. Southern KK

Southern KK

Accountant
    The Guardian have used something very similar in a printed article today discussing the differences between the top 6 and the remainder of the league. It puts the season into perspective.

6. the--dud

the--dud

Really? That's quite the coincidence! I trust they didn't steal the design from my site :p

7. Cityfan

Cityfan

If Stoke get to 68 points they have to win a lot of games against teams above them, thus they (teams above) cannot maximise points, we are mathematically safe already.

8. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

Great effort, I hope you dont mind me saying but I think it would look even better with the points put in every gap as they do on the cann table. Sorry not trying to be an arse I just think it would.

9. Southern KK

Southern KK

Accountant
  10. the--dud

the--dud

Thanks for the feedback :) I'm constantly adding and tweaking stuff, I'll keep it it mind!

Nice, I'll have a read once I get the time.