Wales can win the Euros?

I'm in the process of writing an article about Wales' chances at the Euros next month, and I'm starting to think they're a (very) dark horse.

With a solid side of premier league-quality players and the game-changing ability of Bale, they may just produce a few shock results.

Anybody want to weigh in on this?

Not a chance. There are several dark horses, Croatia being my pick with Mandzukic, Rakitic and Modric. Wales have Bale and some solid players, the same as Ireland do. There have been a couple of upsets in the Euros historically - Greece and Denmark winning it so it's not impossible but with the number of dross sides in the competition this time around with increased number of teams the more established and better nations will make it through the groups and it's hard to see past one of France, Germany, Spain, Belgium winning it with Italy, England and Portugal other options.

Solid defensively (best record in qualifying) with a world class attacker.

That type of team usually does well in tournaments. For all of Spain's incredible players, they won the World Cup with a load of 1-0s.

Being solid defensively is so, so important in these competitions. Same as the Champions League.

not sure they should be in it. they are all English almost. we should merge. put Bale our side and he might win something. I'd take that centre back from Swansea too.

I hope their fans dont let the side down, they can be problematic. As they largely consist of a Swansea and Cardiff rivalry, and a mutual and tedious hatred of England, and can be lids when drunk anyway, there may be issues

They have a world class talent in Bale but they need more than that.

They will get out of the group

I'm in the process of writing an article about Wales' chances at the Euros next month, and I'm starting to think they're a (very) dark horse.

With a solid side of premier league-quality players and the game-changing ability of Bale, they may just produce a few shock results.

Anybody want to weigh in on this?
I am Welsh and I don't think they stand a chance.

Who, other than Bale, are these premier league quality players you speak of? Other than Bale I don't think any of them would make any of the top national squads.

And Coleman... what an absolutely arrogant, gum chewing, chamming prick he is.

Cymru am Byth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.