Walking Football

I've been playing it for 18 months now - absolutely love it. The benefits - exercise, great physically and mentally, as well as socially. Believe me you can get out of breath playing this sport (ok, I am not the fittest/unfittest). The best thing for me are the kickabouts - 20+ of us turn up and divide into four teams ensuring each has a keeper, defenders etc, and we play as many 10 minute games as we can in an hour. Great stuff. I also play in two teams (in different leagues) in Derbyshire - the standard is very good - played against some lads from Derby Community - when they actually signed up to play Derby County arranged for it to be done at Pride Park and arranged photographs etc. Also played against a team from Burton Albion who were pretty good - beat us 9-3 (matches are 40 minute games divided into 4 quarters) !
If you go on our local FA's page our google your local FA and "walking football" you should find a link to a kickabout near you. I thoroughly recommend it - I'm 51 and work part time so I can fit n a day time and one evening kickabout/match when the body permits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.