Was it ever English?

Pisses me off that people still call it the premiership. It was always the premier league officially and known as (English) premier league abroad, but known as the premiership in the uk until 2007 when It was changed to premier league.

Premiership is egg chasing or Scottish pub football.
Correct

Pisses me off that people still call it the premiership. It was always the premier league officially and known as (English) premier league abroad, but known as the premiership in the uk until 2007 when It was changed to premier league.

Premiership is egg chasing or Scottish pub football.

And? I still call the next level down Division 2. Why does it anger you so? Us oldies don't like change. It's the Top Division. Division 1. The Premiership. To be honest...who the fuck cares?

And? I still call the next level down Division 2. Why does it anger you so? Us oldies don't like change. It's the Top Division. Division 1. The Premiership. To be honest...who the fuck cares?

No it doesn't anger me, it makes me irritated and disappointed that people don't use the correct name. I suppose you don't care that outside of this country many people in the game refer to our neighbours only as 'Manchester' either?

(Heard a couple of their ex-UK and foreign players call them this too)

It's
Premier league
Div 2
Div 3
Div 4
FA Cup
League Cup

As far as I'm concerned.
Tough titty to anyone who is so sensitive it pisses them off.
Get a life.

Some people seem to care far too much about branding. I couldn't give a shit what you all it as long as I know what you're referring to, no idea why anyone would. It's all just marketing guff

I've always thought that the BPL referred to the Barclays Premier League, rather than British.

As has already been mentioned, it's the Premier League and not the English Premier League because it's the only Premier League.
Exactly, just like it's the FA, not SFA (Scottish one).

Only foreign people seem to say EPL and it annoys the shit out of me.

I predict a 4th place CL play off tournament taking place in Asia between the teams who finish 4th to 7th within the next 5 years. Maybe sooner if a certain club average finishing 6th or 7th.
I like the idea of a 4-7 play off. But not in Asia.

I refer to it as the Premier League. Always have. To me it's whatever clubs make up the top league of the football pyramid governed by the FA.

The EPL to me us a sales term. You put English in front of certain things.... Actor, Music, Literature, TV and certain Americans find that more (laughs) desirable. Putting that word in front doesn't make it any more desirable to me than if it was Icelandic Cod Fisherman's Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.