Watching City in Thailand

solley attwell

I'm off to Thailand next week and I will miss 4 games including the derby and the CL quarter final game. I see most sports bars open until 2 but as the CL games don't start till near 4 o clock local time surely there are bars that will show games considering how many rags and dippers fans there are over there. . Any help cheers

I'm off to Thailand next week and I will miss 4 games including the derby and the CL quarter final game. I see most sports bars open until 2 but as the CL games don't start till near 4 o clock local time surely there are bars that will show games considering how many rags and dippers fans there are over there. . Any help cheers

I doubt there will be many that will stay open for the football. Most hotels will have satellite TV though, so you might be able to watch it in your room.

Depends on where in Thailand you go. On the popular islands you will get a late bar/nightclub staying open. Smaller bars will usually stay open as long as you keep buying and the police are not cracking down. Some will advertise matches outside so look about.

Lot of Thai city fans since Frank so bound to be some wanting to watch as well as the pool and rags fans, lots if expats too of course. There is a man city bar in bangkok which name escapes me, think owner posts on Here. Some hotels will have sat TV in room or you could just stream it if you have laptop with you and hook up to TV with HDMI or just on phone. Internet is generally OK in Thailand. You won't miss it anyway.

Edit: I think the bar in bangkok is called stumbleinn

Last edited:
If you are staying in tourist resorts you should be ok for the games just ask around. I was out there in Jan/Feb and never missed a game even the 8 pm kick offs which started at 3am over there. Where will you be for the games ?

We're just back after a month out there. Best bet is to get a VPN and watch it on a laptop-I use TunnelBear. Most bars will be shut for a 3am kick off. City official site has highlights within a few hours too.

Ha I'm in Malaysia at work now, will be back home on Wed. Don't know Phuket too well, been a while since I've been down there. You will need to ask around but there is a good chance the 1st leg could be on terrestrial TV. Derby won't be a problem as 0030 kick off and will big game for the Thais too. Same with the 2nd leg, maybe on terrestrial. If you check the inside page of the Bangkok post on the day of the game, or the day before in this case, they will have TV listings for all the live sports. If on TV will be CH 3, 5 or 7.
Malaysia will be Astro Supersports 3 but an hour later than Thailand, if in KL should be easy to find a place to watch.

I'll be in phuket for the 1st leg and the derby and I'm in Bangkok for the 2nd leg. To complicate things I'll be in Malaysia for the game against Everton on the same day my brother gets married over there.

Sorry forgot to quote you.
Ha I'm in Malaysia at work now, will be back home on Wed. Don't know Phuket too well, been a while since I've been down there. You will need to ask around but there is a good chance the 1st leg could be on terrestrial TV. Derby won't be a problem as 0030 kick off and will big game for the Thais too. Same with the 2nd leg, maybe on terrestrial. If you check the inside page of the Bangkok post on the day of the game, or the day before in this case, they will have TV listings for all the live sports. If on TV will be CH 3, 5 or 7.
Malaysia will be Astro Supersports 3 but an hour later than Thailand, if in KL should be easy to find a place to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.