Watching Fernandino, Silva and KDB yesterday

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
I found myself marvelling at just how wonderful those three are.

I am not a great football historian, nor ardent follower of international football, so others will perhaps be able to correct me. But really, were Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi really any better than our three?

There's perhaps a mystique about the Barca trio, perhaps because they played football the like of which the world had never seen at the time, and it was Barca, not West Ham or Palace.

But taking that mystique away and being objective, surely our trio is as good as it gets? KDB is world class, and perhaps a ballon d'or contender. And Silva is playing better than KDB imo! Fernandino is a rock, and is everywhere. But very useful going forward as well. They are in a word, sublime.

I am not a great football historian, nor ardent follower of international football, so others will perhaps be able to correct me. But really, were Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi really any better than our three?

There's perhaps a mystique about the Barca trio, perhaps because they played football the like of which the world had never seen at the time, and it was Barca, not West Ham or Palace.

But taking that mystique away and being objective, surely our trio is as good as it gets?

The xavi Iniesta partnership are rightly regarded as greats, but I can’t see much difference between them and Silva De Bruyne. Silva is way more talented than both of them and shows in what he has done in the national team, De Bruyne can be more direct with his passing and change transitions of play pretty quickly.

The dippers won’t have been happy watching that performance yesterday, I believe Silva not playing at Anfield was the big reason we lost that day as we didn’t keep the ball. I remember him dragging us off the deck at Anfield in 2014 for us to be undone by Coutinhos goal. Roll on Wednesday these next ten days are as big as it gets.

But taking that mystique away and being objective, surely our trio is as good as it gets? KDB is world class, and perhaps a ballon d'or contender. And Silva is playing better than KDB imo! Fernandino is a rock, and is everywhere. But very useful going forward as well. They are in a word, sublime.

I think Fernandinho is much better defensively than Busquets personally. Both are decent on the ball. When Everton did raise a moment & put a cross in, it was often Fernandinho who anticipated the situation & headed the ball out of the box, as it was him who largely nullified Harry Kane vs Spurs, not the centre backs.

The other two, are as good as any creative mids we have seen in world football anywhere, including Barca's.

If the whole team played in Spain, half the games would be like a holiday between champs lg games & they would have fucking hammered Seville last night.

Those three players we have are absolutely fantastic but prior to this season we have not even been remotely close to winning the league let alone the Champs League with those three together.

The 3 you are comparing to have won the Champs lge, World Cup, European championships playing together plus multiple leagues and Cups. Year after year, season after season.

This year they have been fantastic and an absolute joy to watch but your comparing them to guys who have won absolutely everything playing together. Were blessed to have them and just enjoy them for what they are and hopefully revisit this question in a couple of years time.

Last edited:
I think its 2-1 for City

Fernandino and KDB are better than Busquets and Xavi, but Iniesta could be better than Silva.

I think we're starting to get to that Barca level, but a way short. The interchanges and interlinking between Xavi, Iniesta and the front 3 was so well developed and could be summoned without thought and it would constantly tear the opposition apart. I think we're starting to develop that, particularly the more Dave plays, but we have a different style and a very different front 3 so it will morph into something else. Plus, with Dave and Fern's age we're not going to see too much more of it, it will be down to who Pep gets in as successors that will define this side.

The Barca trio had Messi to elevate them. That’s the main difference.

Spain didnt when they won the world and euros.
They didn’t, no, but it would certainly have helped their development and understanding of each other’s game playing both club and country games together.
For what it’s worth I don’t think our three are at that level as a trio. Individually I’d say Silva would be the one who didn’t look out of place and could slot in easiest without the quality dipping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.