Watford (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson Walker Kompany Stones Otamendi Mendy Fernandinho Silva De Bruyne Jesus Aguero

From their forum I see they are pretty fired up now that they'll meet the team that represents everything that's wrong with football. And obviously Pep's boys will have a hard time against a far superior team. As one poster put it: "On paper we have the better team all across the pitch in nearly every position. The only ones that might get a place in our starting 11 is KDB and Silva." Right :-)

From their forum I see they are pretty fired up now that they'll meet the team that represents everything that's wrong with football. And obviously Pep's boys will have a hard time against a far superior team. As one poster put it: "On paper we have the better team all across the pitch in nearly every position. The only ones that might get a place in our starting 11 is KDB and Silva." Right :-)
I dunno.

Wouldn't we start Troy Deeney ahead of Kun Aguero if only we'd signed him?

It's hard to change a team playing so well but i think we could see a return of last years formation on Saturday with Sane and Sterling flanking Aguero. The great thing is, other than 1/2 players there's no obvious weakening if we do change things around. We've got the players Pep wants now so that he can be even more unpredictable with his lineups. Last season, he could change it but it was a real curveball that could go either way, and teams generally knew how to adapt to change their style to stand the best chance of getting something against us. Not this season, go 3-5-2 to match us, we'll go to a back 4, crowd the midfield and stick pace on the wings. Marco Silva won't have a clue how to set up it will be a complete guess, their only option is to play their natural game, which lends itself to us playing how we want to play.

Is the Watford forum a pisstake?

Not sure why there is hatred for us from them. I quite like them and hope they do well.

Think it will be a tough game for us so soon after last night.

Last edited:
no doubt they've started well, this is a good yardstick for us. 2-1 win for City.

This will be close, only one goal in it IMO. A draw might not be too bad a result given their form, wish this fixture was in the spring as opposed to now.

This will be close, only one goal in it IMO. A draw might not be too bad a result given their form, wish this fixture was in the spring as opposed to now.

How would Real Madrid view drawing at Watford? Pretty badly is my guess - that is attitude we should be taking into games like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.