Watford (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-0 us.
Danilo will probably start and I believe Gundogan makes his first appearance as well as a sub.

At some point Walker and Mendy will need time out. I'm not taking this game for granted - but maybe Walker gets a place on the bench with Danilo moving to RB and Mangala getting a start (Mendy started later so keeps his place).
David S replaced by Bernado S might be a possibility too.
PS - we have to trust our squad, so Mangala has to play at times in the PL
Expect big changes only in League cup matches..
I hope he keeps the same team as it's on fire.
Make changes once game is won like he did last night

From their forum I see they are pretty fired up now that they'll meet the team that represents everything that's wrong with football. And obviously Pep's boys will have a hard time against a far superior team. As one poster put it: "On paper we have the better team all across the pitch in nearly every position. The only ones that might get a place in our starting 11 is KDB and Silva." Right :-)

There are a few comedians on that Hornets forum for sure!!

Sod off with draws at Watford, hammer them 5-0 and reinforce the message. The 6 against ManU won City the league, size might not matter but goal difference does.

It was great to get a good away performance last night because the two league away games have not been to a standard Pep, or the fans, will have been pleased with.

This will be close, only one goal in it IMO. A draw might not be too bad a result given their form, wish this fixture was in the spring as opposed to now.

Most on here were saying this before our last league game IIRC. If we are fearing Watford (at any time of the season), we may as well just accept we are not title contenders. As usual, I suspect they will be more frightened of us than we are them.

Watford, West Brom, Shakhtar, Palace.

The next 4 games are massive IMO. We're just starting to build some momentum, the teams confidence at both ends of the pitch is increasing but still fragile and if we can turn this good start into a streak and solidify that confidence then it'll be hard to stop us.

Several times last year it felt like we turned a corner but just didnt carry it on long enough and a bad result put the team back to the zero. A decent run of fixtures now has given us that chance to build up that momentum to the point where even an occasional bad result isn't going to throw it off.

All starts with Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.