Watford Away

Oh do fuck off with that shite, I've been going to games for over 30 years and not got a northern accent, I suppose you'd think I'm a JCL too?
Compared to me you are :)

I know you have put the years and miles in Billy. Mayo is right though it's getting worse.They don't know any of our players. They are still welcome and they will get up to speed soon enough but the point people are making is how have they got a ticket over blues with like 15k points .

Oh do fuck off with that shite, I've been going to games for over 30 years and not got a northern accent, I suppose you'd think I'm a JCL too?

No one who has been going for a few years could not notice a change since I would say when we won the first title.

Actually if you are in a club from outside manchester you might have a better chance of getting tickets as that seems to be the opinion now that city will help those.

Spurs away, utd away all had big followings from such clubs

Totally agree with you Bilboblue, I have been going the best part of 40 years and my accent is more London than Manc, my daughter was born a blue and has been going most of her 22 years and her accent is the same!

The biggest deterioration in atmosphere has been at the North West aways IMHO. Burnley and Liverpool last season are prime examples. I think a lot of people turn up for these games who sell their tickets on for longer distance aways. These Blues haven't quite got the passion they used to have. Age catches up with us all.

The best atmosphere at Arsenal in recent years was when we couldn't sell the 3k allocation and had to pay £62 quid a ticket. The 2,200 contained a bigger proportion of louder fans. Our end at Chelsea has been supplemented by Tourists for years. Despite that we really got behind the lads and gave it to Maureen during the 1-1.

The £30 aways has led to a surge in demand for aways and so has the expansion in the corporate areas (with away priority at the Etihad). I like the £30 tickets but it's making tickets harder to get.

These clubs aren't cutting our away allocation, City are giving more away to their pals or selling more to corporates or allowing them to be sold on those third party sites

The biggest deterioration in atmosphere has been at the North West aways IMHO. Burnley and Liverpool last season are prime examples. I think a lot of people turn up for these games who sell their tickets on for longer distance aways. These Blues haven't quite got the passion they used to have. Age catches up with us all.

The best atmosphere at Arsenal in recent years was when we couldn't sell the 3k allocation and had to pay £62 quid a ticket. The 2,200 contained a bigger proportion of louder fans. Our end at Chelsea has been supplemented by Tourists for years. Despite that we really got behind the lads and gave it to Maureen during the 1-1.

The £30 aways has led to a surge in demand for aways and so has the expansion in the corporate areas (with away priority at the Etihad). I like the £30 tickets but it's making tickets harder to get.
Burnley away last season was fucking terrible wasn't it? I think two songs got going properly in 95minutes.

Huddersfield in the FA Cup was proper shit n'all.

I didn't go to Anfield but a mate said there were neutrals and Liverpool fans in the away end. Same happens at Arsenal and Chelsea every year.

At the Rags there are noticeably non-City fans in the away end, whether they're Rags or not I don't know as they hide it well but you can tell they're not Blues. But at the Ars/Che/Liv they don't hide it.

We used to have a GREAT away support. I'd argue up there with the very best in the country. Now it's an embarrassment. It's not our fault as fans, it's the club's for diluting the away end with nobodies!

He's got you sussed mate, although you may be a southerner you're far from posh....

Have to agree though that the away end had a number of 'posh' groupings in their chinos and jumpers draped over their shoulders, wives in frocks, healthily bronzed, looking down at us paupers and no City stuff in sight.

These clubs aren't cutting our away allocation, City are giving more away to their pals or selling more to corporates or allowing them to be sold on those third party sites
Ive come to that conclusion too, but the only way we would know for sure is if someone compared last year's allocation to independent fans and supporters clubs to this year's.

Ive come to that conclusion too, but the only way we would know for sure is if someone compared last year's allocation to independent fans and supporters clubs to this year's.

I've been saying for ages that it's about time the club stopped stating how many tickets they have received as this is now irrelevant and instead disclose how many tickets have been allocated for "ticket point qualification".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.