Watford v City pre-match thread (team news pg 23)

Watford (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should change very little. After initially looking a bit unsure in the right back role, Fernandinho has played fantastic there lately in my opinion, striding into midfield with confidence, pressuring high without the ball, aggressive. Keep him there. Kolarov or Clichy, not much in it at left back, but for the love of god don't play Stones. Attack wise, I'd keep it the same, Sterling has been in terrible form.

Sterling is the spare man now & John Stones should sit on the bench & study the art of adefending from Vincent.

JSs first four clearences on Tuesday went to Brom players & he was three yards off Robson when he scored. Not a born defender ?

Really hope Kompany is fit, granted Rondon isn't a top striker but every long ball West Brom kicked Vinny just seemed to smother Rondon and put out the danger, Watford has a big striker Okaka or something like that that is a Lukaku type and could cause Stones and Ota some issues

Ffs no Stones.

So much to learn about positive defending. He should watch Vincent from the bench. Doesn't boss his opponent.

We still lack the 'ALL BLACKS' ruthless,killer instinct.

If we'd taken just half our chances on Tuesday we'd have scored 6. Instead we conceded a stupid goal when JS was three yards away from his man.

I'll take a proffessional clean sheet victory,no injuries,no cards.

Then get our business done as early as possible,the lads relaxed and rested,ready to win the premier next year.

Needs to go back to 2 wingers felt we did'nt stretch West Brom enough with Jesus wanting to come inside and it made the pitch to narrow mainly i think just to shoe horn 2 strikers in. Personally I would start Sterling and play Gab up top with Serg to come on if we need him

So you think it is wise to drop our leading goalscorer who just happened to play a crucial role in all three goals against West Brom.

So you think it is wise to drop our leading goalscorer who just happened to play a crucial role in all three goals against West Brom.

I don't :) FFS leave your best striker out in the last game so no need for resting him ?????
Fucking madness

If we'd taken just half our chances on Tuesday we'd have scored 6. Instead we conceded a stupid goal when JS was three yards away from his man.

Then get our business done as early as possible,the lads relaxed and rested,ready to win the premier next year.

early business will be key imo. get the players in pep wants nice and early and then get cracking!

Sterling hasn't been as horrible as I see a lot are claiming, no clue why he is held to a higher standard than the rest of our players. He'll get just as many games and starts next season.

Having said that, I'd start the same team. Aguero dropping deep confuses defenders and helps create space for Jesus (who is still some what of an unknown quantity in this league) and Sane... plus its lovely having someone of Sterling's quality coming off the bench if we need it.

Must admit, I'd like to see them perform the Haka before every game. It would scare the shit out of the opposition.

Sterling hasn't been as horrible as I see a lot are claiming, no clue why he is held to a higher standard than the rest of our players. He'll get just as many games and starts next season.

Having said that, I'd start the same team. Aguero dropping deep confuses defenders and helps create space for Jesus (who is still some what of an unknown quantity in this league) and Sane... plus its lovely having someone of Sterling's quality coming off the bench if we need it.
The ball seems to go left all the time now to Sane, and I'm not surprised. Sterling should be taking advantage of the extra space he should be getting so although he might be getting less of the ball, I think if he makes the runs he will be found by Silva / KDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.