Wayne Bridge

For any professional footballer to be as one-footed as he was is criminal. He quite literally could only turn in a clockwise direction, sort of like Zoolander.

Aside from having very little ability, he always struck me as having nothing between his ears. How anyone can say he was better than Kolarov is beyond me!

100% agree.

Didn't really work out but I understand the rationale for buying him.
Garrido was crap we had no one else and Cole had usurped his place at Chelsea. Before that he had been first choice in a premiership winning team and was still back up for England.

When he was on that jungle programme he was constantly blubbing and was an emotional wreck. Seemed far to sensitive for a modern day footballer, as most of them couldn't give a fuck. He did however come across as quite humble and a decent bloke.

Have got a couple of mates who are Southampton fans so saw a few games when he was playing for them before moving to Chelsea. Was a really good, positive attacking fullback who was one of their main players at the time. On the basis of that i was quite excited when he signed for us but he was not the same dynamic player.

He was another of those (before he signed) good, International players that were designed to push us from 8th or 9th place to top 4 quickly. We couldn't attract most of the players we would have wanted just with our money as we couldn't offer the CL football. So we had to make do with players not seen as being quite good enough for top 3 or players who were motivated by cash/long term project.

Some worked out better than expected like Barry. Some did the job we needed and then went like Bellamy and Given. And some didn't work out at all like Bridge and Santa Cruz.

I don't hold anything against him. He didn't sign himself to City, or pick himself. I'd have gone to City to earn close to 100k a week if I were him. Especially if I thought I was toss! Seems like a decent bloke too.

Last edited:
^yep, agree with that. He covered a gap, filled a void so to speak.

Another one that had a cracking debut, can't remember who against, then proceeded to be utter donkey spunk for every ensuing game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.