Wayne Bridge

I was very excited about this signing. As far as I was concerned we were signing the second best left back in the league behind Ashley Cole. Didn't work out. I think his confidence was shot to pieces.

Thought we could not get a more useless left back than poor Wayne. But then along came Kola the Klown who made poor Wayne look like a star.
Better than Kolarov?? You need fresh bait.

My abiding memory of Bridge is when he was playing for Chelsea, the game when SWP ripped him a new one at the Etihad. He was poor overall for us, though tbf playing in Leslie's defensive set-up would destroy anyone's confidence.

I was very excited about this signing. As far as I was concerned we were signing the second best left back in the league behind Ashley Cole. Didn't work out. I think his confidence was shot to pieces.

Yeah, I seem to recall that most people were happy with the signing at the time. He just seemed to get progressively worse with every game for us.

For any professional footballer to be as one-footed as he was is criminal. He quite literally could only turn in a clockwise direction, sort of like Zoolander.

Aside from having very little ability, he always struck me as having nothing between his ears. How anyone can say he was better than Kolarov is beyond me!
Depends really, Kinkladze was just as one footed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.