Wayne Shaw

MarsLlama

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39045017

So... this happened.

Sutton keeper breaks FA rules, resigns, everyone is outraged because apparently said rules shouldn't apply to anyone TalkSport has called a 'Legend'.

Seems a bit of a prick to be honest, this and a few years ago he headbutted an opposition fan. Basically a non-league Joey Barton, without the footballing ability. I certainly can't pretend to have any sympathy.

What do you think?

He hasn't broken an FA rule though has he? He hasn't placed a bet himself and more importantly it's a novelty bet not a football one.

Im pretty sure he has. The wording of that rule is wider than just not placing the bet yourself
It specifies bets on football matches though. A bet on whether or not someone eats a pie can hardly be described as a bet on any normal market available on a football match, the FA should stay out of it. Gambling Commission - different story.

Silly fucker is all i can say and to those saying he has done nothing wrong......yeah, i bet his mate who has picked up 5 figures from the bookies shares your view as well.

At what point will the FA realise that sport and gambling/bookmakers just dont fucking mix and kick them completely out of the game ending sponsorships etc.

More fool them for taking a bet of over a grand on that.

No one comes out of this smelling of roses, even the Sun.

Its reported they offered the bet and that tells me they are in on the fix, no doubt thinking the publicity is worth it.

FA to throw the book at the player and the Gambling commission to do likewise with Sun betting imo.

Cricketers have done this for years and had the book thrown at them and its such a stupid thing to do and think they can get away with.

No one comes out of this smelling of roses, even the Sun.

Its reported they offered the bet and that tells me they are in on the fix, no doubt thinking the publicity is worth it.

FA to throw the book at the player and the Gambling commission to do likewise with Sun betting imo.

Cricketers have done this for years and had the book thrown at them and its such a stupid thing to do and think they can get away with.
It's outside the FA's remit. It's also a catch 22 for Shaw if he's made aware of the bet as regardless of whether he eats the fucking thing he's fixed the result one way or the other, he shouldn't be taking the blame for it, s*n bets have put him in a situation where either he's forced to fix a market for them or he gets charged with spot fixing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.