We’re bombing Syria

It follows a concerted and largely successful effort by the state of Israel to conflate criticism of Israel with Anti-Semitism. Recent media coverage and debate in the House of Commons is a demonstrable success of their campaign. There have been books written on this subject by academics.
There was no criticism of Israel in his post though was there.

What he instead suggested was that the “Israel Lobby runs the press”. If you can’t see that’s code for “Jews” then that’s on you.

And on the subject of the BBC, I ask simply the following: Does an organisation belonging to a free and impartial press agree to provide the signal to commence an MI6/CIA orchestrated coup against a democratically elected president?

Where have you been for the last 7 years? I am guessing it was all hunky dorey until we got involved by firing a few missiles at a chemical weapons plant eh?

The Russian state backs Assad and regardless of what you may think they are both participating in a bombing campaign which is killing civilians indiscriminately to ensure Assad retains and maintains power.

Assad has already been PROVEN to of broken international law by using chemical weapons against his own people in previous attacks which were investigated by UN-OPCW led groups. Those groups are the kind Russia used its UN veto to ABOLISH, anyway yes it was all our doing....

You know what, whether there is evidence of chemical weapons use or not, it is actually irrelevant. You can say we are responsible for some plot but then is it the big issue of the day? Syrians probably don't really care who drops the bomb that kills them but the fact is 100% of those bombs have been Russian and/or Assad.

So in that spirit let's forget all this, lets not get involved and leave them to it. Let thousands upon thousands more die at the hand of Assad and Putin and we can just rest easy in our beds. Seriously it would be far easier and it means British troops aren't out risking their lives.

Was that during the crusades or after it?

The Middle East didn't exist as a concept or as a blog of nations during the Crusades. I'm going to hazard a total shot in the dark guess and guess that you're probably not that well up on the Crusades either and point to it as a completely wrong example of Western aggression. Grab a book Kiam.

We the British invented it after the fall of the Ottomans.

This is also why when Palestine makes a historical claim on lands based on former nationhood, it's also bollocks.

Where have you been for the last 7 years? I am guessing it was all hunky dorey until we got involved by firing a few missiles at a chemical weapons plant eh?

The Russian state backs Assad and regardless of what you may think they are both participating in a bombing campaign which is killing civilians indiscriminately to ensure Assad retains and maintains power.

Assad has already been PROVEN to of broken international law by using chemical weapons against his own people in previous attacks which were investigated by UN-OPCW led groups. Those groups are the kind Russia used its UN veto to ABOLISH, anyway yes it was all our doing....

You know what, whether there is evidence of chemical weapons use or not, it is actually irrelevant. You can say we are responsible for some plot but then is it the big issue of the day? Syrians probably don't really care who drops the bomb that kills them but the fact is 100% of those bombs have been Russian and/or Assad.

So in that spirit let's forget all this, lets not get involved and leave them to it. Let thousands upon thousands more die at the hand of Assad and Putin and we can just rest easy in our beds. Seriously it would be far easier and it means British troops aren't out risking their lives.

You do make some valid points, which are undeniable, and I will again state that I do not deny the fact that the Syrian and Russian governments are both culpable in the deaths of thousands of civilians. However, it is important to consider the context in which this occurs, which is a war for the existence of the Syrian state against savages supported by very powerful western countries along with Saudi Arabia and its various puppet states.

I have previously said that the UN is a failed organisation. The very idea that there exists permanent members of the UNSC that can veto any resolutions that displease them is farcical. You point to the fact that Russia has used its veto, but ignore the fact that the US has used its veto power more than any other state. You point to the fact that the Syrian and Russian governments have killed thousands, but ignore the fact that the US and UK have killed millions over the past decade. You also ignore the fact that the US virtually flattened Raqqa, paying no more care to avoid civilian casualties than the Russians or Syrians.

Not even close.

Like most of your points

Perhaps I should have said "are responsible for the deaths of millions". Do you contend this? Even if you disagree with the figures, you cannot possibly contend the fact that the US and UK are responsible for the deaths of far more people across the Middle East than Russia or Syria.

Perhaps I should have said "are responsible for the deaths of millions". Do you contend this? Even if you disagree with the figures, you cannot possibly contend the fact that the US and UK are responsible for the deaths of far more people across the Middle East than Russia or Syria.

I'll check my Middle Eastern deaths league table.

We the British invented it after the fall of the Ottomans.

I would also like to point out that the British didn't "invent" the Middle East. The Sykes-Picot Agreement created the modern states and their borders that exist today, drawing arbitrary lines that divided culturally and ethnically identical peoples, which has formented a faux-nationalism and is responsible for much of the problems in the Middle East today. The House of Saud, for example, rule Saudi Arabia to this date since the country was gifted to them. They even named the country after their family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.