We are screwed.

Danish Blue said:
what a week!

I am physically shattered, I quite enjoyed 1993 when Sterling dropped out of the erm and even got a bit of a buzz out of black monday, at 41 I have come to the conclusion Im too old for this game.

The only bright moment came when i walked into the bank on thursday to fix my loan scared shitless that speculation against the kroner would lead to a spike in rates when i got the call that ecb had cut rates.

Iceland.....a year ago we were telling people to get out and stay out, and still they bleat when they lose their cash. Why the hell were they in icelandic banks....for a few bps of interest, this is the biggest flight to quality ever and no one knows where the quality is.

I went to Iceland a few times in the 90s. The whole place smelled fishy then and even more so now. The standard of living shot up in the last 5 years and now we know who payed for it. The rest of the world!!

Another plus to this is no-one will fall for that "i've got a few mill in a black account and need you to help me" scam anymore!!

Gelsons Dad said:
Danish Blue said:
what a week!

I am physically shattered, I quite enjoyed 1993 when Sterling dropped out of the erm and even got a bit of a buzz out of black monday, at 41 I have come to the conclusion Im too old for this game.

The only bright moment came when i walked into the bank on thursday to fix my loan scared shitless that speculation against the kroner would lead to a spike in rates when i got the call that ecb had cut rates.

Iceland.....a year ago we were telling people to get out and stay out, and still they bleat when they lose their cash. Why the hell were they in icelandic banks....for a few bps of interest, this is the biggest flight to quality ever and no one knows where the quality is.

I went to Iceland a few times in the 90s. The whole place smelled fishy then and even more so now. The standard of living shot up in the last 5 years and now we know who payed for it. The rest of the world!!

Another plus to this is no-one will fall for that "i've got a few mill in a black account and need you to help me" scam anymore!!

i was there last year for a convention, the only plus from this is that with EURISK at 200 a pint is about the right price.

Rich people aren't suffering in this and won't. Just us poor schmucks who get to pick up the tab while the value of our pensions and homes go through the floor; our chances of remaining employed diminish; the cost of living spirals; our taxes continue to rise and our public services continue to deteriorate if they still exist at all.

And still some of you think that Brown is the man to get us out of this... ~:-0 ffs wake up and smell the coffee. The man is directly responsible for leading us here in the first place. Him and his party.

I am not saying that anyone else would do better but I think its time to take off those blinkers boys. This lot are just as bad as the old Thatcher Tories were.

Balti said:
Rich people aren't suffering in this and won't. Just us poor schmucks who get to pick up the tab while the value of our pensions and homes go through the floor; our chances of remaining employed diminish; the cost of living spirals; our taxes continue to rise and our public services continue to deteriorate if they still exist at all.

And still some of you think that Brown is the man to get us out of this... ~:-0 ffs wake up and smell the coffee. The man is directly responsible for leading us here in the first place. Him and his party.

I am not saying that anyone else would do better but I think its time to take off those blinkers boys. This lot are just as bad as the old Thatcher Tories were.

its got little to do with any of them, age old problem, people doing the trading are alot smarter than those trying to regulate them, thay cant regulate what they dont understand, see Nick leeson in this respect.

Danish Blue said:
Balti said:

its got little to do with any of them, age old problem, people doing the trading are alot smarter than those trying to regulate them, thay cant regulate what they dont understand, see Nick leeson in this respect.

Danish what are you views on this....

<a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9050474362583451279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2583451279</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.