We can still win the league

Our chances have just dropped about another 30% or more.

We would need a hell of a big upturn in form from Serge plus goalscoring form from Kelechi, to pull it off.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be for Jesus. Can't see Kelechi getting up to speed. Kun will get a few but not in the big games. League gone so it's back
to battle for top four which barring any more injuries we should be able to manage.

its not really going make any different if we have jesus or not its down to chelsea at this stage of the season and points in the bag
i think we have turned the corner and the front line is getting better each week sterling and sane are looking great the goals will come for aguero the defence is getting better the keeper is only thing we don't have to hang our hat on but willy is doing ok at the moment

if there is one thing i learnt from the last couple of times in chasing at the end is the size of squad you really have to have cover for just about every role in the team you play each game by week to week and just getting the job done its not always nice to watch but the only thing that matters is the 3 points forget nice football you have to work even harder in the last 10 games then in the last 28 games teams are fighting for everything

in the race the bottom teams are the team you don't want to face its a cup final and you don't want to many of game like that in the run in they take the legs away and fitness chelsea have been the best team so far but its not over and the pressure is now on it does funny things pressure and all you need is a bad day and the others will smell blood

Aguero really needs to step up his all round pressing and energy. Jesus presses but is also looking to get in behind and burst into the box, Aguero presses but is then nowhere near the action in the box. It's about developing that side of his game.

Personally, unless it clicks soon, I'd use De Bruyne or Nolito as a false 9. Both will chase the ball, both are good in and around the box and both will interchange well with Sterling/Sane. It would allow another midfielder to come in, Fernandinho in there with Silva perhaps. Or Sterling could go into a no.9 role with Navas/Nolito out wide.

I think there'd be more fluidity.

I actually think that Chelsea draw was a bad result for us. 8 points gives you hope, and it's certainly not over but going into this round of the CL with Chelsea ten points clear would have us going all in on CL, which we realistically have a chance of winning. The Barcelona score tonight strengthens my point; the CL is wide open with no standout teams. I personally think we've targeted it from a few months back knowing that this is the year that Barca, Atletico and Munich have all taken a step back. Madrid and Juventus are the dangers but neither are terrifying. We get through this very tough draw against Monaco and we're all in. The league will complicate matters and should Chelsea be only 5/6 points ahead when we play them then it's going to have us fighting on two fronts which will probably be to the detriment of both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.