We can still win the league

I actually think that Chelsea draw was a bad result for us. 8 points gives you hope, and it's certainly not over but going into this round of the CL with Chelsea ten points clear would have us going all in on CL, which we realistically have a chance of winning. The Barcelona score tonight strengthens my point; the CL is wide open with no standout teams. I personally think we've targeted it from a few months back knowing that this is the year that Barca, Atletico and Munich have all taken a step back. Madrid and Juventus are the dangers but neither are terrifying. We get through this very tough draw against Monaco and we're all in. The league will complicate matters and should Chelsea be only 5/6 points ahead when we play them then it's going to have us fighting on two fronts which will probably be to the detriment of both.
we're only 4 points off 6th place. You think we won't be fighting on 2 fronts?

we're only 4 points off 6th place. You think we won't be fighting on 2 fronts?
Obviously very true but there's a difference trying to chase down an 8 point gap plus gd and then trying to hold a place. To win the league we'd have to win almost every game from here on out, to finish top 4 we have to win maybe 9/13. That's a big difference.

Chelsea will falter, we will win. I believe. I got us at 14-1 two weeks ago and threw £50 on so we WILL win :-). I also put £20 on at 13-1 to win the CL

Those writing Aguero off are talking bollocks. He's had a dip in form that's all. Against Bournemouth he got better as the game went on. All he needs is minutes on the pitch and he'll be back to his best and no-ones better than him when he's firing on all cylinders. I still don't think we'll overhaul Chelsea as I can't see them dropping nine more points than us but we're in with an outside chance. The bookies have probably got it about right with 10/1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.