We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

Not so much negativity, but a pure lack of basic understanding of football tactics is what grates on me (which leads to a lot of confused moaning).

If we pass the ball backwards in order to recycle possession you'll hear people in the crowd moaning. In the year 2017.

When we went 1-0 down against Everton I heard a bloke behind me going on about how we need to "keep it to a simple 4-4-2. It's simple, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers. It's not fucking complicated!" he said. I asked myself was he one of the people who wanted Pep here as manager? If so, had he ever seen one of Pep's teams play a game of football prior to him arriving in Manchester?

Disagree. We have done nothing more than any other set of fans to 'deserve' this. I was there in 98-99 at Wrexham (not York sadly!), but I don't feel I am any more of a supporter than Rochdale fans or the poor bastards at Coventry.

We won the lottery, we now are watching arguably the best City team of all time and for about £100 a year more than when we watched Pearce's team fail to score a league goal at home for 4 months.

As fans we need perspective. At least 5 other sets of fans think their side should win the league. Only one side can. And when we were bang average were we happy to let the big sides just roll us over and pump us because they had better players and more money? No. We expected them to dig in and do a job (e.g. v Chelsea in 04/05).

I'm not saying sit at the games with a big vacant smile on your face like a Stepford Wife. But we are supporters...we should support the team win lose or draw. Criticise after the game. And if City do score late on (as we often do), we supporters can feel we helped them. Rather than the team have done it in spite of us.
£100 more a year? My SC has gone up £425 since then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.