We need a black PM

The Invisible_Man said:
How come you`v not reminded us that Obama is mixed race not black yet?

I mentioned it on another thread, does not need to be done to death, it's not how I roll.

There is something that has been bugging me about Obama and the media though...

I kept hearing on the news how terrible it was that some horrible people would not vote for him simply because of his skin colour. However on those same shows they were applauding the 100's of thousands of black people who had never bothered to vote before registering days before this election...

brooklandsblue said:
The Invisible_Man said:

I mentioned it on another thread, does not need to be done to death, it's not how I roll.

I kept hearing on the news how terrible it was that some horrible people would not vote for him simply because of his skin colour. However on those same shows they were applauding the 100's of thousands of black people who had never bothered to vote before registering days before this election...
darren yo talk shite whatever username

brooklandsblue said:
The Invisible_Man said:

Listen, ming idiot. If you haven't lived in a different skin, how can you POSSIBLY understand the reasons? It's well documented that many never voted because they were discouraged many times previously and some actually believe their vote 'wouldn't count'.

'Wouldn't count' is open to interpretation in understanding what is meant.

Swales lives said:
According to Trevor Phillips, chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission:
"If Barack Obama had lived here I would be very surprised if even somebody as brilliant as him would have
been able to break through the institutional stranglehold that there is on power within the Labour Party."

Well excuse me you self-righteous tvvat, if you want to talk about equal opps, just look at our PM,
A one-eyed jock with a mild stroke. How progressive is that???

I notice he said "institutional stranglehold" instead of "institutional racism", the tit.
If he'd have been talking about a Conservative government, I'd have backed him to the hilt.

And as for you, Swales, what Phillips is saying is that while we have the 'old boys' institution still in play, whatever talent an ethnic politian may have, it will only get him so far down the road. Can you think of a single ethnic MP to make it to the Cabinet table??

No, neither can I.

maineman said:
brooklandsblue said:
The Invisible_Man said:

I know Brooklands is clearly a WUM, but I think that is a fair point. The thing that got to me about Obama and the media was the constant celebratory involvment. I know that the American razz-ma-tazz factor but it still grated on me.

brooklandsblue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Obama is president. Deal with it.

He's black. Deal with it.

People talk shit. Fuck off.

End.

He's no more black than he is white- 'deal with it'

To quote Public Enemy

White man, white woman = white baby
white man, black woman = black baby
Black man, white woman = black baby

Chuck D said that.

Jog on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.