We need a black PM

Bigga said:
If you think it's actually THAT simple, then I'm actually flabberghasted!

It's true though-he aint black he's mixed race. One white parent one black..... 50% white 50% black. So all this 'black' labelling is incorrect.

The Invisible_Man said:
I know Brooklands is clearly a WUM, but I think that is a fair point. The thing that got to me about Obama and the media was the constant celebratory involvment. I know that the American razz-ma-tazz factor but it still grated on me.

And what annoying me, is that certain people cannot have any understanding for a people that went through slavery some few hundred years ago, treated as second class citizens basically ever since, beaten, hung, denied education and denied the vote up until 40 years ago and suddenly have an ethnic President...

And that's no reason for a national outpouring of feeling equal at last??

I don't get people that can't see a Human story for what it is.

You lot really sadden me.

brooklandsblue said:
Bigga said:

It's true though-he aint black he's mixed race. One white parent one black..... 50% white 50% black. So all this 'black' labelling is incorrect.

Given himself away... it's the petite feminine mixed race lover that is BT!

maineman said:
racist twat, mods have a word[/quote]

Silly me, I forgot that if we dare question the god that is Obama we are instantly racist! Seriously please can you distinguis what I said that was racist Dev?

brooklandsblue said:
maineman said:
racist twat, mods have a word

Silly me, I forgot that if we dare question the god that is Obama we are instantly racist! Seriously please can you distinguis what I said that was racist Dev?[/quote]tut tut darren how low you have fallen, go and crawl back under your stone

brooklandsblue said:
maineman said:
racist twat, mods have a word

Silly me, I forgot that if we dare question the god that is Obama we are instantly racist! Seriously please can you distinguis what I said that was racist Dev?[/quote]

Just shut up, the blokes not got white skin and therefore, in the eyes of America, is BLACK. It isnt really a problem, my cousins are black and I kinda came to terms with that within 1 second. It isnt a problem it's just humanity. Grow my child, grow.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Just shut up, the blokes not got white skin and therefore, in the eyes of America, is BLACK. It isnt really a problem, my cousins are black and I kinda came to terms with that within 1 second. It isnt a problem it's just humanity. Grow my child, grow.

I have grown, I am tempted to tell you a little about my family and friends but that noramlly makes you sound defensive and a nob....

All I am saying is that if I had kids with a black women they would be mixed raced not black and I would refer to them as such.

brooklandsblue said:
Bigga said:

Ok, let me SCHOOL you...

First of all, he's not half White. One of his Grandparents is half Hawaiian. Secondly, skin pigmentation forces a forced alliance with certain groups, depending on how you've been brought up. i.e., there are many Black families that have kids that can pass for White and live their life in an 'easier' fashion. Are they Black or White to you? Thirdly, following on from that point, it is often up to the individual, with said mixed skin pigmentation to choose the alignment they feel suited. Some choose neither, some choos Black, some choose White.

In the case of Barack Obama, he's clearly aligned himself to Black BUT, importantly, sees himself as a MAN first and foremost. The fact that he speaks fondly of his late Grandma and mother also shows you how he's NOT forgotten his roots, at all.

brooklandsblue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I have grown, I am tempted to tell you a little about my family and friends but that noramlly makes you sound defensive and a nob....

All I am saying is that if I had kids with a black women they would be mixed raced not black and I would refer to them as such.

What YOU would refer to your imagined kids to be, is not always what THEY CHOOSE to be known as.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.