We should all be ashamed!

Ajay said:
The negativity on this forum is unbearable!

We should all sit back and read what is being posted and reflect on what other people think of us and our club when they read the crap we say about ourselves!

Talk about the squad not having a winning mentality - more so it is the supporters who do not have a winning or supportive mentality!

Negativity breeds Negativity!

We where there behind our club through some tough times, much tougher than we currently face but some posts on here sound like it is the end of the world and MH is the Anti-Christ!

Well I said it before and I will say it again - we must have faith, we must support and we must cheer our squad and our manager rather than act like a bunch of school kids, I was horrified when I heard the chants at the WB game - actually disgusted is a better description!

There are no excuses for those chants - maybe our boys didn't start it but we certainly carried it through!

Please - remember who we are, why we support our club and the fact that we are entering a new chapter in our life - a solid positive move that will take time!

Cheers

Great stuff Ajay - Post of the year. Things aren't where we'd like them to be but there is a bigger picture. Our club is going to have to go through the pain barrier before it becomes what we want it to be because it's been complete crap for thirty years. Money alone just isn't enough there needs to be a mental change at the club as well. Whether it's Hughes, Mourinho, Mancini or whoever, we will still have to go through the same pain. Mourinho came into Chelsea when they were already pretty successful and he added that little extra that got them the Premiership.

Remember the FA Cup game at Blackburn two seasons ago? "You're not fit to wear the shirt"? The team that wasn't fit to wear the shirt that day was Weaver, Richards, Dunne, Distin, Ball, Sun, Barton, Hamann, Ireland, Vassell, Corradi. If you look carefully you'll see that 6 of the 10 outfield players we jeered that day are still playing for us on a regular basis. They could be in our starting line-up on Friday and Sunday.

Our owners don't own an electrical shop in Altrincham. They don't manufacture bog-roll from waste paper. They didn't start off selling stuff on Bury Market. They are serious businessmen who understand the concepts of patience and looking at the bigger picture. Why don't we just trust them and support our club? Because if we don't then they might decide they're wasting their time.

mancmackem said:
I agree that it's sad to see the amount of stick and abuse certain players get on here, i don't think that's on at all. Also agree that the 'Hughes Out' threads are as pointless as a chocolate fireguard. My issue is the way Hughes has set us up over the past few games, and his inability to try new things with the system despite the lack of form. I think some of the frustration lies with that for some fans, and that is why i am very critical of Hughes at the moment. Yes i agree that we have injury problems that has hindered our ability to get out of this tough patch, but Hughes inability to change the system from the long ball up to any of our front men who cannot hold the ball up with any sort of conviction other than Benjani, especially with two defensive midfielders against WBA which left a gaping hole in the middle when the ball did not stick up front bemused me and others.

But that is just my opinion. I work on the phones, MH was a seasoned striker and professional who won a prelepherer (sp?) of honours in the game, has UEFA coaching badges and took Wales to the brink of a major international tournament. But it is still my opinion, like others will have and express, which is what a forum should be for, to air such opinions. Some will agree, some will disagree, but as long as it sparks healthy debate to bring views or facts out in the open that reassures or changes peoples opinions then all is well.

Good post Ajay, i respect your opinion mate.
And I wouldn't make too much of City's current formation and tactics given the availability of players

mammutly said:
kbb said:
That's our problem - we have an empty vessel (darius) in the team!!!

Why do we have to have people like you calling themselves supporters? If it's not Vassel, it's Benjani. If not him then Dunne, or how about Ireland ( oh sorry he was last season's target). Were you bullied at school or something?
Week after week, month after month, year after fucking year! there always has to be a hate figure or two in our team, or else a large section of so called 'support' is not happy.

If a player isn't doing well, that's one thing, but this constant slagging is fucking sickening TBH. Those bastards that applauded Benjani's injury and Vassel being mugged are the only people who should really be ashamed.

The rest of us support the team and have a right to an opinion, whether or not somebody who happens to live in the UAE approves of it or not*

if you want to have a go at me then do so - it was humour, a joke - look through my posts and you will be ashamed of the offensive remarks you make - I am a true blue - I help other blues and don't need to take this from you!

I have a nob who sits behind me slagging players off and he gets it in the neck from me - I go to all of the games, I do support the team but yes I am exasperated with Hughes at the moment - I would love him and the team to turn it around but its looking like a slow process.

Sorry if my humour offends you but your abuse of me is worse

*But that doesn't mean it needs repeating every 5 minutes

Ajay said:

We should all sit back and read what is being posted and reflect on what other people think of us and our club when they read the crap we say about ourselves!

Talk about the squad not having a winning mentality - more so it is the supporters who do not have a winning or supportive mentality!

We where there behind our club through some tough times, much tougher than we currently face but some posts on here sound like it is the end of the world and MH is the Anti-Christ!

Well I said it before and I will say it again - we must have faith, we must support and we must cheer our squad and our manager rather than act like a bunch of school kids, I was horrified when I heard the chants at the WB game - actually disgusted is a better description!

There are no excuses for those chants - maybe our boys didn't start it but we certainly carried it through!

Please - remember who we are, why we support our club and the fact that we are entering a new chapter in our life - a solid positive move that will take time!

Cheers

Another sensible post Ajay

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ajay said:

Cheers

Great stuff Ajay - Post of the year. Things aren't where we'd like them to be but there is a bigger picture. Our club is going to have to go through the pain barrier before it becomes what we want it to be because it's been complete crap for thirty years. Money alone just isn't enough there needs to be a mental change at the club as well. Whether it's Hughes, Mourinho, Mancini or whoever, we will still have to go through the same pain. Mourinho came into Chelsea when they were already pretty successful and he added that little extra that got them the Premiership.

Remember the FA Cup game at Blackburn two seasons ago? "You're not fit to wear the shirt"? The team that wasn't fit to wear the shirt that day was Weaver, Richards, Dunne, Distin, Ball, Sun, Barton, Hamann, Ireland, Vassell, Corradi. If you look carefully you'll see that 6 of the 10 outfield players we jeered that day are still playing for us on a regular basis. They could be in our starting line-up on Friday and Sunday.

Our owners don't own an electrical shop in Altrincham. They don't manufacture bog-roll from waste paper. They didn't start off selling stuff on Bury Market. They are serious businessmen who understand the concepts of patience and looking at the bigger picture. Why don't we just trust them and support our club? Because if we don't then they might decide they're wasting their time.

And another fantastic post Prestwich, finally some sanity returning to the board instead of over the top hysteria.

Why can't fans just be excited at the opportunity of being the richest club in the world ? You don't have to be Mourinho or Wenger to identify world class players and that is what this money allows us to sign.

I think it's great that Diarra chose to mention us on signing for Real Madrid yes we missed out but players from Real Madrid are starting to talk about Manchester City and Real Madrid in the same breath. It's fantastic !

I won't quote you Ajay and Prestwich to save space, but you're right. It's not that long ago (months) that we were struggling to persuade Richard Dunne not to move to Portsmouth, we had that much going for us. I support City because (like with many if not most City supporters) the club is part of my family history, it's in my blood, I'm genetically blue. At the start of the summer I was worried we were going to fold like Leeds, only we were going to make a bigger hole in the sea than they did. If MH is sacked we can all go and stand in the car park and throw dogs' bottomworks at his car. While he is the manager of the most beautiful football club in the world he has my support, as does anyone who goes on a fucking football pitch wearing our fucking shirt (even if it's motorway maintenance orange).

Blue Mooner said:
Why can't fans just be excited at the opportunity of being the richest club in the world ? You don't have to be Mourinho or Wenger to identify world class players and that is what this money allows us to sign.

I think it's great that Diarra chose to mention us on signing for Real Madrid yes we missed out but players from Real Madrid are starting to talk about Manchester City and Real Madrid in the same breath. It's fantastic !

Obviously fans are excited that we are now the richest club in the world, there is plenty of evidence on bluemoon itself to show that fans are overwhelmed. All these ITK threads and, who we should sign. However that doesn't mean we should all stop showing emotion when we are annoyed at the club. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, positive or negative there's no wrong or right. You can't really blame fans for being annoyed at the level of football on display from City atm, considering there has been such a large amount of money already spent on the team.

I can see where you're coming from, because at times it does get quite ridiculous with the numerous "Hughes Out" threads and "Shit players" threads, but these are the people that just need to be ignored because they will eventually fade away. I personally don't agree with these threads and give little contribution to them. At the end of the day, if you are really pissed off with some of the negative things supporters have to say, just ignore them and continue to be optimistic yourself. (Also, when City start to win absolutely everything, you can be the one to say "I told you so! :P)

de niro said:
at last someone with a brain.

Bollox I have a Brian to!!!!

Shit post Ajay!!!!! Don't come on hear spoiling my negativity. People like you make me sick with your positive and sensible comments. Dam you for trying to change my mood....What are you?? A talking bottle of Prozac???? *tut* Hughes out!!!

.....Oh and don't bother coming on here unless you know PLAYERS names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps I've heard those ferraro Roches's go down a treat at posh parties (the chocolates ones not the Crumpsall lady of the night that *mammutely told me about ). You want to try taking them to the party, I reckon you could get names and fees much easily...Its only a tip mind you.

*complete fib.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.