we were utter sh1t3 last season ?

drc

This is not meaning to be a pro Sven (he's gone, good or bad) thread even if it maybe looks like that. It's just that I'm surprised over some people's views.

I'm getting a little surprised about so many slagging us and Sven off last year.

Apart from the 8-1 lost to Middelsbrough when there was more or less chaos and maybe that was Svens fault when telling the players he was leaving.

So apart from the 8-1 lost this happened.

We came from relegation battle.

Sven inherited a weak squad (we're talking samaras, Corradi , Mpenza up front).

Sven and his crew came in very late and had to buy quick and take many risks in the transfermarket just to have a squad. I
think it's obvious that some of the buys would be good and some of the buys would be bad. Then he would asess the squand
and buy more in january or for the next season as this was a 3-year-project.

- We hade a great start at the season

- We beat the rags twice (with that squad)

- There was no money to buy the players Sven wanted and had been promised in the januarywindow and we really bd needed a striker so
the solution was getting Benjani. I don't think Caceido was a panicbuy - rather a buy for the future. We were low on strikers so he had
a few games despite the fact that he wasn't bought for that season.

- Our perfomance second half was below par but we were also comparing with our great start.

So in the end we wanted UEFA but couldn't make it through league postion but instead got it through Fair Play.

We went from relegationbattle to a safe 9:th place.

If any of you remember what the paper wrote and the bookies said was that we had to be in a relegationbattle again becuase Sven bought unknowns
and had too little time and we were shite. It proved to be wrong. AND WE BEAT THE RAGS TWICE chalalalala

We also get some players that could come out great JO, Kompmany, Zalabeta, Ben-Haim...

so the vies are........

Hughes inherited a bad team, We shouldn't be able to compete for a top 6-place, It's Sven's fault that we are where we are, jsut because we
hade a really bad end of the season that mean that we would be shite next season with Sven and that had nothing to do at all wit the owner being
sort of crazy.

FFS Hughes has full backing of the owners, a much better squad and still he's right for us ?

If the team can't perform the best on the pitch because thery're not motivated it must be a reason behind that the manager can't handle.

I don't think Mark Hughes wanted it to be like this and I don't believe in firing managers - but there are limitations on how bad you can run.

We had an excellent start to the season, then lived off that after Christmas. To say the rest of the season was 'below par' is an understatement, we were in relegation form and playing dire football, just like we are now.

pee dubya said:
We had an excellent start to the season, then lived off that after Christmas. To say the rest of the season was 'below par' is an understatement, we were in relegation form and playing dire football, just like we are now.

And the players were going to go on strike because they weren't getting paid in the second half of the season, if it weren't for Wardell we would of been well and truely fucked.

Come on think about it if you weren't getting paid how would that effect your work.

So we're allowing excuses for that bad form, but ignoring the fact that we have a large number of extremely talented footballers injured now, saying that is no excuse for our current bad form? Either you look at form in isolation, or you look at the teams form in light of the current circumstances, you can't pick and choose which factors to take into account.

No i'm not happy where we are, or with Hughes at the moment, but i believe he can turn it round, obviously others don't, we'll see soon enough i suppose.

pee dubya said:

Only now we have a stronger squad.

Strange.

pee dubya said:
So we're allowing excuses for that bad form, but ignoring the fact that we have a large number of extremely talented footballers injured now, saying that is no excuse for our current bad form? Either you look at form in isolation, or you look at the teams form in light of the current circumstances, you can't pick and choose which factors to take into account.

No i'm not happy where we are, or with Hughes at the moment, but i believe he can turn it round, obviously others don't, we'll see soon enough i suppose.

Half our injuries this season have happend in bleeding training, wtf is the welsh wizard doing to them. The players look slower, weaker & less orginised since hughes came in wtf hell is that all about.

I don't recall all injureis last year but I know we struggled because we had so little backup especially in the defence. Now we have som backup in the defence, I think M Johnsson was out a longer time with his stomach-problems, Micah was gone now and then, our backup was Sun Jihai.

We really struggled when Petrov was out three games because we didn't have proper backup.

If we had someonel ike ZAB, Robinho, SWP extra last year we probably wouln't had dripped in form.

Now I know we lost Corluka. Still can't understand why we didn't hold such a good player at our club.

Every team has injuries. We had injuries last season, in a smaller and weaker squad. However, they were not accepted as legitimate reasons for loss of form. Yet now we are supposed to beleive that this is a legitimate excuse for the current shambles (as if other teams don't get injuries).

What we did have last season was a despot chariman, undermining the manager and destablising the club from December onwards. Awful working conditions and a legitimate excuse for the team being affected s any. Certainly not the way any successful team is ran. Hughes, in comparison, has the polar opposite with stability and complete backing.

So, pee dubya, I would suggest that it is you that is looking at the two seasons with doubel standards. The injury situation between the two is comparable and not really an excuse for either. The background situation and strength of squad is so much better this season and this clown is still making a massive cock up of it.

Cheesy said:
pee dubya said:

Only now we have a stronger squad.

Strange.

Only half of it is available. Although as challenger says, that's obviously Hughes' fault, along with absolutely every other dissapointing aspect of our season so far. He's not blame free, and if i wouldn't cry if he was replaced, but while he's here i am willing to have a bit of patience with him. That said, bad results vs Hull and Blackburn and i will be getting worried, 4 points at the very minimum needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.