Wedding speech

let me reassure you , ive been a best man 3 times, I've got a mate at work who I think is going to ask me to be best man at his wedding, and if he does I'm going to try my hardest to shag his future wife and put the video on YouTube for all to see, its the most horrifying experience of my life

Cheers mate :/

Better to say too little than too much. The better you prepare the easier it is to deliver. Remember she's marrying you, not your speech, don't get too hung up about it. Enjoy your day.

Good luck mate. I am fearing this day. My best mate is engaged and I'm a best man, I have never wanted a couple to split up so much in my life.
Just thank everyone for coming, then give his missus' tits a squeeze before telling her you don't know how he could cheat on someone like her (make sure this is audible to the whole room) and then sit back down. Job done.

Finished it. 10 minutes. She is a firey one so fair chance she will not like something in it! Will let you know how it goes down. Just going to have a fair bit of wine before hand and go for it.

I am having another go at getting wed in 3 days and am about to draft my speech tonight.

Anyone got any tips on what to say? I assume I thank everyone and then just go on about how much I love the mrs?

How long or short can I make it?

I don't want to try and be funny as I can't be - bloody dreading it to be honest. All tips welcome!!

Just remember most are there to get free food and get pissed or feel obligated to turn up, they're not interested in how you met, how much you love each other, they don't care if your soulmates, who did the catering, how the fat bridesmaid looks lovely or what you and your best man got up to because they weren't there. If you have to have a first dance don't act like Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze.

Say the bare minimum and sit down. Weddings are shit, the foods shit, the dj's shit, the little kids Should be at home in bed not running about everywhere like demented ADHD bastards. The whole purpose of the day is for a woman to wear a frock, that's it.

All the best have a great day.

Just remember most are there to get free food and get pissed or feel obligated to turn up, they're not interested in how you met, how much you love each other, they don't care if your soulmates, who did the catering, how the fat bridesmaid looks lovely or what you and your best man got up to because they weren't there. If you have to have a first dance don't act like Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze.

Say the bare minimum and sit down. Weddings are shit, the foods shit, the dj's shit, the little kids Should be at home in bed not running about everywhere like demented ADHD bastards. The whole purpose of the day is for a woman to wear a frock, that's it.

All the best have a great day.

So you don't recommend saying I impreganated the fit bird at the gym and thought sod this - I then decided they are all mad and thought i best stick with it as I can't pay anymore to the csa.

So you don't recommend saying I impreganated the fit bird at the gym and thought sod this - I then decided they are all mad and thought i best stick with it as I can't pay anymore to the csa.

If you did it would be the first speech where I didn't want to stab the groom and best man. Also getting pissed isn't a good idea. I talked about the grooms acorn for 10 minutes the first time I did it. My second stab at it was even worse. Do an opening joke, thank people swiftly and sit down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.