Weekend Football Thread 19/3-20/3

TheMidnightClaret said:
Unknown_Genius said:
As much as I hate that bunch, I grudgingly admire that never say die attitude they have, to nab a win against all odds. This quality needs to be instilled from Mancini.

Thing is we'd just sit back and try and absorb the pressure if we were drawing and down to 10 men. In my opinion Mancini can not take the club to the top for that very reason alone. Mourinho would instill this mentality. When he was manager of Porto they got an equaliser in the 97th minute in one match. They knocked United out of the ECL with an 89th minute goal. Inter kept coming back from a goal down in the last 10 minutes, even when down to 10 men.
Is that what we did Thurs?
Scum HAD to win , Bolton didn´t. Scum at home even with 10 the onus is still on them to win as it was for us on Thurs. They got lucky again coz Bolton have very little to play for in the league and are concentrating on the cup. Fook all to do with this so called "will to win"

Chick Counterfly said:
Helps when they head the best chance of the match straight into the keepers arms, then give you a goal 30 seconds later. This one was luck.

How many more can we keep saying were luck? They seem to have a knack of getting lucky.

samharris said:
jimharri said:
Spot on. they got the result they needed, despite being down to 10 men; something we couldn't manage on thursday. We need the same ''never-say-die'' attitude in our side; we don't have it at the moment.

we also needed their keeper to fumble the ball as bad as yusi (?)did and handed the goal to them..

this just mean mancini isnt good enough to manage opponents goalkeeper ...

TheMidnightClaret said:
Chick Counterfly said:
Helps when they head the best chance of the match straight into the keepers arms, then give you a goal 30 seconds later. This one was luck.

How many more can we keep saying were luck? They seem to have a knack of getting lucky.
Reminds me of that old Gary Player quote; ''The more I practice, the luckier I get''.

mike channon´s windmill said:
TheMidnightClaret said:
Thing is we'd just sit back and try and absorb the pressure if we were drawing and down to 10 men. In my opinion Mancini can not take the club to the top for that very reason alone. Mourinho would instill this mentality. When he was manager of Porto they got an equaliser in the 97th minute in one match. They knocked United out of the ECL with an 89th minute goal. Inter kept coming back from a goal down in the last 10 minutes, even when down to 10 men.
Scum HAD to win , Bolton didn´t. Scum at home even with 10 the onus is still on them to win as it was for us on Thurs. They got lucky again coz Bolton have very little to play for in the league and are concentrating on the cup. Fook all to do with this so called "will to win"

But the win took us nowhere, we needed a second goal. Kiev were quite happy to lose, and go through. I'm not just talking about today, they've done it lots of times this season, and in previous seasons.

mike channon´s windmill said:
TheMidnightClaret said:

On thursday was different because it was a cup game, Manicini was aware that we'd be knocked out. In a league game, down to 10 men, you can guarentee we'd settle. the rags have the winning mentality, we don't. It's as simple as that.

Unknown_Genius said:
As much as I hate that bunch, I grudgingly admire that never say die attitude they have, to nab a win against all odds. This quality needs to be instilled from Mancini.
This^^. They are still cutns tho!!!

jimharri said:
taconinja said:
Same score actually and both we and they scored after going down a man to teams that decided that was the perfect time to sit back.
Read my post again. I said they got the ''result'' (not the score) they needed and we didn't. Which is 100% accurate.
Kiev's keeper didn't fumble the ball like that.

taconinja said:
jimharri said:
Read my post again. I said they got the ''result'' (not the score) they needed and we didn't. Which is 100% accurate.
Kiev's keeper didn't fumble the ball like that.
True. He only let in the FK from Kolarov that he honestly should have saved. I'd have been pissed off if Hart did something similar.

Very important win. Bolton played well and deserved something out of the game, but our winning mentality shone through.

Deserved red for Evans, good performance from Smalling, great response to being dropped from Berbatov. Think that's his 1st ever goal for us off the bench, and he only had 1 for Spurs.

Annoyed that our already stretched defence will be without another centre-half for 1-3 games, but thank fuck for the international break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.