Weird things you've collected

Big Swifty

Most people have some sort of collections of objects, but I used to have a collection of airline sick-bags, in the days when I flew more often, with various airlines. My favourite was TAP Portuguese Airways sick-bags, which had illustrated instructions on the side of the bag showing what to do. Pic 1 showed a man holding the bag open, while Pic 2 showed a stream of vomit being aimed into the bag.
I think the airline must have had a low opinion of its travellers' intelligence if it thought they needed that sort of explanation.
The sick-bags are now kept in the door-pockets of my car, should I or my passengers feel the need to throw up urgently.

I like buying city players autobiography's and my missus thought I had lost it when I bought Paul Lake's book as a audio book 10 cds of it being read out to you

I collected Beer Mats and in the 1980`s I won the Beer Mat Collector of the Year Award, from The British Brewery Beer Mat Society (honestly).Our Presidents over the years have been Morecambe and Wise and Amos Brierly of Emmerdale.
Nowadays I collect single playing cards and have more than 6000 singles of various types in my collection.

Vinyl records

Stones off beaches

Business cards from Venetian bars

Theatre programmes

When my kids were small I took them swimming. My oldest boy bought a bouncy ball every week. He’s 22 now, with a collection of hundreds of bouncy balls.

My other boy is four years younger, and his collection is fifty pence pieces with different designs. I got the Kew Gardens one (very rare) a few years ago and gave it him for Christmas. His collection is quite valuable - much more so than the bouncy ball collection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.