Welcome Bernardo Silva

City lacked press-resistant players in the middle who could move the ball in tight spaces under pressure, another 'David Silva'. KdB is just not that kind of midfielder, loses the ball too easily. It created numerous problems - we couldn't hold the ball well enough, conceded too much counters, Pep was forced to abandon his trademark 'total pressing' - if you chase the ball too much, you just quickly run out of steam. New 8 and 6 were needed, especially in the light of Gundogan's injury.

B. Silva is a great solution for 8 spot. IMO, most important transfer of this summer and undisputable starter.

As for KdB's possible integration as RM/RW, I'll quote my posts from KdB thread (wrote them long before Bernardo's transfer):
Agree with much of the KDB post.he is deadly as a counter attacker,a trait he showed in the german league time and time again ,dropping deep central and moving the ball with deadly accuracy to create goal scoring opportunities. Had a spell where he did this for City too.i would like to think a regular place will be found for him next season and altho competition is fierce,i would add that for all Bernardo Silvas exciting promise,it may take him up to a season to fully settle and get used to ths pace of the game,just like his name sake did under Mancini.i still remember David Silvas debut at spurs away.u could see the lad was class but at times looked utterly lost among the cut and thrust of a typical premier leagus game,incidentally one of the most exciting 0-0 draws ive ever had the privilege of watching.

Agree with much of the KDB post.he is deadly as a counter attacker,a trait he showed in the german league time and time again ,dropping deep central and moving the ball with deadly accuracy to create goal scoring opportunities. Had a spell where he did this for City too.i would like to think a regular place will be found for him next season and altho competition is fierce,i would add that for all Bernardo Silvas exciting promise,it may take him up to a season to fully settle and get used to ths pace of the game,just like his name sake did under Mancini.i still remember David Silvas debut at spurs away.u could see the lad was class but at times looked utterly lost among the cut and thrust of a typical premier leagus game,incidentally one of the most exciting 0-0 draws ive ever had the privilege of watching.
I don't agree that Bernardo will take time to settle. He's already made a mockery of both ourselves and Tottenham, 4 matches against 2 of the top 3. If he can do it against them/us, he can do it against Brighton too.

This lad looks some player - he releases the ball always at the right time, he will be a joy to play with especially for KdB and Sane. Exciting times ahead.

This lad looks some player - he releases the ball always at the right time, he will be a joy to play with especially for KdB and Sane. Exciting times ahead.
He looks wonderful,we've pulled off a masterstroke getting him in before others had opportunity.

For me the stand out player in both legs against us last season, I remember saying to my lad at the Etihad he's a second in front of everyone else in the way he's thinking, I never imagined he'd be wearing a City shirt this season, we're so lucky to have him.

I don't agree that Bernardo will take time to settle. He's already made a mockery of both ourselves and Tottenham, 4 matches against 2 of the top 3. If he can do it against them/us, he can do it against Brighton too.
I did say he "may" take time to settle.
Hopefully not and his brilliance is apparent throughout next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.