Welcome Douglas Luiz

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Tricky_Trev, 15 Jul 2017.

1. waspish

waspish

Come on tim.

2. testies

testies

Vickery is biased against Brazilian football in general.

3. domalino

domalino

As for Douglas Luiz himself, I think it would be nice to see him on the tour of possible.

It seems the obvious path is a loan to Girona but if we're sending the kid away in the hope he works hard, develops and comes back, why not give him a taste of what he's supposed to be working towards?

Plus you never know, the Alves situation has given us a foreign player spot we weren't expecting to have and if the kid impresses enough that Pep feels he could use him, he could stick around.

4. Dax777

Dax777

We got the better player and deal. But it was still quite expensive for a 29 year-old. Tim was right in thinking the better value was the guy who was already on the national team and is 5-6 years younger.

5. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    So Tim was right but turned out to be wrong?? Gotcha

I know your South American pedigree (:, what's the insight on this kid?

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Turn it in guys.....discuss the player,please :-)

7. Dax777

Dax777

Never heard of him. But our resident S.American experts on the transfer forum are all to a man in agreement that he is the dogz bollocks. When @rdfporcazzo, @Higor Douglas, and @Divino da Guia all agree a prospect is top class my ears tend to perk up.

I think he'll replace the Ferns and Yaya next year. I don't think he is a. "to be sold" prospect.

And to the irrelevant part: No Tim was right on Dihno being expensive, and was reasonable to conclude the younger, more accomplished and cheaper player was a better deal. In retrospect he was wrong. But not about the expense though.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2017
  8. Aytoun

Aytoun

Personally, I always hope that our scouting & management team are in full control of their professional duties & that every signing will turn out to be a good one. So I say welcome Douglas to the finest club in the world & I hope you are very successful here.

9. Blue Smarties

Blue Smarties

Could these be the signings that we've been begging the club to make ahead of Porto? Let's see in a few years time.

10. malg

malg

Let's hope so.