1970 FL Cup West Brom
1974 FL Cup Wolves
1976 FL Cup Newcastle
2013 FA Cup SF Chelsea
2014 FL Cup Sunderland
2015 Community Shield Arsenal
2016 FL Cup Liverpool
2017 FA Cup SF Arsenal

I'd rather have sat among Wigan fans that day.

We have lost every time I have been in the lower tier. While we have lost only once when I have been sat in the 3rd tier. Third tier from now on for me. Got to admit, I can only remember the atmosphere being horrible against Wigan.

Upper tier against Sunderland had around 50 Sunderland fans sat together (not sure which wanker in the club allowed our tickets to end up in their hands but hey ho) they celebrated when they took the lead and it kicked off. Believe it kicked lower tier against Liverpool for similar reasons. Have seen a few blues scrapping too over the standing/sitting. Games kicking off at 4.30 when people have been on the lash all day are risky!

Upper tier against Sunderland had around 50 Sunderland fans sat together (not sure which wanker in the club allowed our tickets to end up in their hands but hey ho) they celebrated when they took the lead and it kicked off. Believe it kicked lower tier against Liverpool for similar reasons. Have seen a few blues scrapping too over the standing/sitting. Games kicking off at 4.30 when people have been on the lash all day are risky!

I missed any kerfuffle involving Sunderland fans. But then I missed Yaya's goal as having a wizz. Missed a lot that day!

Yeah, I don't like the late afternoon kick offs because the proportion of people who are blitzed. When we played United at Wembley in 2011 (think it was 5.30 KO), the number of people who were smashed was unbelievable. People being dragged up Wembley Way and around the stadium. They missed out on a great day :)

Every City visit since Wolves in 74.
Plus 4 Ingerlund games and Latics v Palace in the 1990 League Cup final.
If we are counting non-City matches, I can add the following:

1966 World Cup Semi-final England v Portugal. I had a ticket for the final but we were off on holiday to Italy the day after the SF.

1968 European Cup United v Benfica. I bet some of the Rags that I could get a ticket for the final. We wrote to Benfica with an international money order asking for six tickets. We received four. I was right behind the goal when Eusebio missed a sitter with five minutes to go at 1-1. That was a real sickener!

I missed any kerfuffle involving Sunderland fans. But then I missed Yaya's goal as having a wizz. Missed a lot that day!

Yeah, I don't like the late afternoon kick offs because the proportion of people who are blitzed. When we played United at Wembley in 2011 (think it was 5.30 KO), the number of people who were smashed was unbelievable. People being dragged up Wembley Way and around the stadium. They missed out on a great day :)
I think Wigan final is the most bladdered I have seen City fans as a collective. Got to London around midday and people were already fucked with crates under their arms. Fucking pissed it down, heard Mancini was a gonner and then the team put in the most atrocious performance possible. City fans kicking off with each other all over the place.

1999 gillingham play off
2011 rags semi
2011 Stoke. Fa Final
2011 rags. Cs
2013 Chelsea. Semi
2013 Wigan. Fa Final
2014 Sunderland Lcfinal
2014 Arsenal. Cs
2016 Liverpool. Lc Final
2017 Arsenal. Semi

If we are counting non-City matches, I can add the following:

1966 World Cup Semi-final England v Portugal. I had a ticket for the final but we were off on holiday to Italy the day after the SF.

1968 European Cup United v Benfica. I bet some of the Rags that I could get a ticket for the final. We wrote to Benfica with an international money order asking for six tickets. We received four. I was right behind the goal when Eusebio missed a sitter with five minutes to go at 1-1. That was a real sickener!
Sorry a bit off topic but did I read somewhere that the WC semi was changed from Goodison as England ended up in the wrong half of the draw?

Sorry a bit off topic but did I read somewhere that the WC semi was changed from Goodison as England ended up in the wrong half of the draw?
I think that was the case. I went to both semis. It was West Germany against the USSR at Goodson, the day before the England-Portugal match, but had to buy a ticket outside at face value.

We had season tickets for all the NW group matches plus the Goodson QF (North Korea v Portugal) and SF. That got us into Wembley for the England-Portugal SF so it must have been switched.

We subsequently won the draw for final tickets but were off to Italy and watched it in a bar near Venice crammed full of Germans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.