Wembley stadium announcer

The blaring music at the end of every trophy celebrations is a downer, we do it when we present the title trophy. The fans can't sing or interact with the players, hell you can't even talk to the person next to you.

@jrb were you in block C 112 row 34? An argument started with the girl next to me who was standing and two older women behind. She changed seats in the end. I like to stand myself but the women looked in their late sixties/early seventies so I understand why they wouldn't. Wembley is like that I just go with the flow. If everyone stands happy days but if not I sit, no point in stressing about it.

@jrb ....... I like to stand myself but the women looked in their late sixties/early seventies so I understand why they wouldn't. Wembley is like that I just go with the flow. If everyone stands happy days but if not I sit, no point in stressing about it.

Totally agree - truth is, its selfish and to some extent bullying to stand up when others around you don't want to. One day we will get safe standing back and people can choose where they go and how they watch the game - the capacities of the grounds and atmospheres will all improve to boot.

Totally agree - truth is, its selfish and to some extent bullying to stand up when others around you don't want to. One day we will get safe standing back and people can choose where they go and how they watch the game - the capacities of the grounds and atmospheres will all improve to boot.

I know years ago the older women would be in the seats and us standers on the terraces. I stand all game in the south stand and there is no problem. Wembley is different and you just have to go with the flow. The rules state you have to sit so if the stewards are brought in you have to or leave. I just won't get into an argument about it, just enjoy the day.

we had same issue at semi final sit down sit down from first whistle for me if want to sit pay the money and sit at sides of pitch
strange atmosphere i felt yesterday eldest said same

The blaring music at the end of every trophy celebrations is a downer, we do it when we present the title trophy. The fans can't sing or interact with the players, hell you can't even talk to the person next to you..

So glad its not just me thinking and saying this about the celebration music! To me its the undignified, moronic, stupidity of it all that gets to me. Its as if we are so dumb and stupid that we need to be programmed to feel good or celebrate a great win - its not how it works, you don't need a soundtrack for 'every event'. I even see this thing happening at technology and software presentations where the new release of version 7.23.12 of some CAD software or micro-processor chip has to be preceded with THUMP-THUMP-THUMP techno during the video, juts before the CEO runs out onto the stage like its Van Halen live at Anaheim 79. It started IMHO with United and all that "we are the champions ...." nonsense - fair enough the first time, but its utterly tedious now especially as the 'we' part of the song is plural for whoever wins it - which thankfully includes us now.

The thing is that unless we ask for a change (no matter how churlish it may sound) it will just continue ad infinitum - bang bang bang. I left the ground reasonably promptly last night because it is now starting to detract from the win - sorry to be a party pooper but it just is.

Funnily enough on the way home I was selecting tunes on my mates ipod and found and played "Waterfall" by "The Stone Roses". For me that song is Manchester's anthem, and I'd rather have it played on a loop, maybe as a background underscore (not banging out) as we all know how it puts us in the right mood

Wonder if he looks as weird as his voice sounds. Very comical backdrop to a great day.

DC9vboXXgAAg1Tb.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.