Wembley stadium announcer

Yesterday found me longing for the old BBC style 1950s commentator way of doing things - clipped vowels, tell it as it is directness and simplicity: - "Ah I see Jemimah has taken a tumble in the three-legged-race, oh dear Oliver has just come a dreadful cropper in the long jump" all to ripples of polite applause from the terraces.

I think the last time we had that type of vibe was when Keegan got us promoted from Division One - sunny, calm day, I don't think there was any techno backdrop.

Ah well, what can you do?
It's the corporate entity in full swing now unfortunately..i was reading through some of the Wembley rules. You can't bring your own water into the ground unless you have a certificate or letter off your gp stating it's for medicinal use.. seriously couldn't make it up. The world we now live in.oh dear.

Give us a clue
9ZeOlJ7.jpg

It's the corporate entity in full swing now unfortunately..i was reading through some of the Wembley rules. You can't bring your own water into the ground unless you have a certificate or letter off your gp stating it's for medicinal use.. seriously couldn't make it up. The world we now live in.oh dear.

The signs at the turnstiles were best.

No weapons, with pictures of a knife and gun.
No tools, picture of hammer.

To be fair, without those pictures half the crowd wouldn’t have entered!!

Its deffo one of the sports reporters on talkshite.

Fucked if I can remember his name though?

The signs at the turnstiles were best.

No weapons, with pictures of a knife and gun.
No tools, picture of hammer.

To be fair, without those pictures half the crowd wouldn’t have entered!!

It was the “no darts” that made us smile! As if someone had tried to get in with his board and set of arrows at some point - half time entertainment before FIFA!

Didn’t pay that much attention to him on the day, but just watching the game again now on Sky and he’s an insufferable bellend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.