We're by far the greatest team...

I thought the football we played under Keegan when we had Ali B and Berkovic might be the best football I'd ever see us play. I remember going down to Maine Road to get a picture with the Championship (or whatever it was called then) trophy being optimistic to see how we'd do in the Premier league...

I never believed we would one day be the envy of football fans across Europe, never mind the Premier League! When people like Henry who was an integral part of the invincibles is lauding City as playing perhaps the best football we've seen in this country it starts to sink in... they're a joy to watch and I don't want this season to end!

sunderland sing the song all the time !!!!

That's why I like "citeh citeh the best team in the land and all the world, in all the world, all the world, universe, fkn entire galaxy" !!

I still try and remain dignified with umility about all the success we've had since the FA cup win in 2011. I still feel like pinching myself, as though I'm dreaming all of this TBH.

I've not forgotten being in the Kippax with my dad as a lad in 78 iirc when Liverpool thrashed us 4-0. I had tears streaming down my face and my dad looked at me to say "don't worry son, it won't always be like this".

I never imagined even winning a trophy during our darkest days, really believed I'd die a blue never watching us win anything more important than the Manx and full members cup.

My football life was cruel and i cannot forget where we once were.

Last edited:
“The best team in the land and all the world”

An original chant nobody else sings and now when we sing it I do have a little smile on my face knowing it’s probably true.

When we first started singing it in the late ‘90s we were probably the fourth or fifth best team in Greater Manchester.
You can’t beat a bit of self deprecating Northern humour!
Half our office are Northerners, and the southerners just don’t have a clue sometimes!

I always thought we’re by far the greatest team was in fact a City song for the 76 League Cup Final? Manchester City FC fits really well for this song, puzzles me why we don’t sing it anymore.

I thought the football we played under Keegan when we had Ali B and Berkovic might be the best football I'd ever see us play. I remember going down to Maine Road to get a picture with the Championship (or whatever it was called then) trophy being optimistic to see how we'd do in the Premier league...

I never believed we would one day be the envy of football fans across Europe, never mind the Premier League! When people like Henry who was an integral part of the invincibles is lauding City as playing perhaps the best football we've seen in this country it starts to sink in... they're a joy to watch and I don't want this season to end!
Awesome, beautiful ,emotional are often thoughts that cross my mind as I watch us this season , in my 40+ years of watching us I never thought Id see us play at this level and Im sure Pep wants more from this side ,

bring out the champions
bring out the champions
bring out the champions

would love this ringing out in the etihad like the maine road days

Awesome, beautiful ,emotional are often thoughts that cross my mind as I watch us this season , in my 40+ years of watching us I never thought Id see us play at this level and Im sure Pep wants more from this side ,

I'm glad you posted that, was thinking last night about us passing round their press just before we scored thinking 'did we just do that'. They never showed the first bit in any of the replays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.