We're by far the greatest team...

Awesome, beautiful ,emotional are often thoughts that cross my mind as I watch us this season , in my 40+ years of watching us I never thought Id see us play at this level and Im sure Pep wants more from this side ,

I can't remember any better piece of football in my 50 plus years of watching the game

“The best team in the land and all the world”

An original chant nobody else sings and now when we sing it I do have a little smile on my face knowing it’s probably true.

When we first started singing it in the late ‘90s we were probably the fourth or fifth best team in Greater Manchester.

It's been around a bit longer than that mate. I went to a soccer school at Platt Lane in 1989 and a kid there was singing it, stuck in my head all summer. He wore this shirt every day, wonder if he posts on here.

germany-1990-home-klinsmann.jpg

“The best team in the land and all the world”

An original chant nobody else sings and now when we sing it I do have a little smile on my face knowing it’s probably true.

When we first started singing it in the late ‘90s we were probably the fourth or fifth best team in Greater Manchester.
I think we started that song in the mid to
late 80s mate. I could be wrong though.

It is a truly amazing time to be a blue, something I genuinely never thought I'd witness. But look on the threads that go on during the games, you'd think we were in a relegation dog scrap ! CTIFD

I think we are playing brilliantly but I think some of the praise is going over the top. For example Liverpool's attacking play has been awesome at times this season and it's easy to forget how good teams in the past were - Arsenal, Barca, united (pains me) and others. Especially the further you go back and with the conditions and cultures that existed then.

I'm just delighted to get credit for individual performances - but I don't like hearing that we were the best ever ever forever. Mostly it comes from people that will swing to us being a disaster if we lose one game (e.g. the crap post Liverpool).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.